the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

amatures

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2006 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
Well i had one about 3 days ago where a customer had his "friend who knew what he was doing" install his subs and amp. Ok fair enough but he calls asking why they sound like garbage. I tell them bring it by and i'll look at it. So it gets there i don't know what to expect. of course i see a sub box thrown in the back of a truck seat wires everywhere not one of them tucked away, or even attempted at hiding amp not secured just flopping around. i listen to it ok it does sound like crap i go back and look at it and the subs are held in by about 3 screws each not even down all the way and i could stick my finger under the gap between them, and the box. So we told them to actually go screw the subs in and stop wasting my time. So we didn't even charge them since the kid who's truck it was wasn't at fault it was his pet monkey friend.
jeremey1000 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2006 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
Here's some of my latest sightings
RCA wires with the ends cut off ran from the HU to 2 15in house spekers facing forward in the trunk with no back on the box. Guy say's "got any ideas on how to make it sound better?"
A guy asked if I could look at his amp. He said the light would go from green to red every time he turned it on and had no idea why. I go outside and see what I counted to be 24 speakes of all kinds filling the rear dash, they were screwed to doors and dask all hooked up to a 80watt legacy two channel. Niceamatures - Page 4 -- posted image.
Jeremey1000 Has Spoken
wretchedunloved 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2006 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  

I saw a car while taking my break at work the other night that was rather scary.  He actually had a hole drilled just above the front right wheel-well,. with a power cable running out of it.  It ran along the wheel well, just under the door, then over the gas cap cover.  He had apparently filed a wedge in his trunk lid so he could just run the power cable straight down.  It was all held to the car via black electrical tape.

I hope he never goes over 20MPH... Or drives in rain... amatures - Page 4 -- posted image.

I waited through my entire break, hoping I could see who did this, but no luck.  I have my mental image though, so it's alright.

2001 Monte Carlo SS
Sony XM-2002GTR
Sony XS-L123P5 x 2
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic