icon

Alarm connection to 5-wire door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joneb 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2006 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  

Not Excellent, my positive leads from 87 are supposed to be fused +12 volt supply and it sparks when I try to connect it to +12 power.  Hence when I check it, it reads negative.

My alarm diagram shows two wires for door lock and unlock.  No Motor Interrupt.  The wires are: Green = connect to (-) Lock & (+) Unlock and Blue = Connect to (-) Unlock & (+) Lock.  So the alarm rests at ground like the switch does.  (See my posts from April 24th and May 14th, they may explain a little more)

JonEB
If it ain't fixed; don't broke it....
steve schofield 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2006 at 4:47 AM / IP Logged  
That doesn’t make much sense unless you have a connection wrong. Anyway, sounds like your alarm system is able to drive the motors directly. i.e without the switches! However if we are keeping them in circuit try this!
** if at any stage something doesn’t go to plan let me know?**
Firstly – using two 5 pin relays. Relay 1 and Relay 2. With relay 1 - Cut the Blue wire of the drivers door motor going to the drivers side switch and connect it across pins 30 & 87a.
Connect the Switch side to Pin 87a and the Motor side to Pin 30. Check your door lock switches, do they work? - they should do!
Now do the same with relay 2 – Cut the white wire going to the same motor and connect in the same way. Pin 87a goes to the Switch and Pin 30 goes to the motor. Try the switches again, they should still be working!
Now disconnect the passenger side switch from passenger side door motor and connect the motor wires Blue, & White to the drivers door motor wires on the relays, each to Pin 30 and colour to colour. Check again. All okay, move on.
Both motors should now be working through the relay - Pins 30 & 87a.
We need a 12V+ to operate the motors and your alarm will not do it yet! So connect a 12V+ to Pins 87 on both relays. Fuse this supply at the same rating as the CDL Supply going to your switches!!!
Because your alarm fires 12v+ on arm and disarm > Connect Pins 85 on both of your relays to a Good Chassis Ground. 12V (-) neg.
The switches should still be operating your motors at this stage!!
Now from your alarm:
Connect your Alarm wire Blue to Pin 86 of relay 1 - 12v+ on lock to control the blue wire of the motors.
Connect your Alarm wire Green to Pin 86 of relay 2 - 12v + on unlock to control the white wire of the motors.
Good luck!
steve schofield 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2006 at 7:50 AM / IP Logged  
Hey joneb, just had a thought! Before you follow the instructions above check your relay Pin Numbers. 85 & 86 should be the Solenoid / Coil, Pin 87a & 30 Normally closed circuit and Pins 87 & 30 Normally open. Test for continuity across Pins 30 & 87 before starting. You shouldn’t have any. Then test between Pins 30 & 87a if we are talking about the same relay type, this should give you continuity! There may be a diagram on the relay! Look for the circuits Normally open / Normally closed and the coil.
joneb 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2006 at 8:57 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks Steve, I can't wait to go home and try this. It makes alot of sense and I know it will work.
JonEB
If it ain't fixed; don't broke it....
steve schofield 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2006 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  
Did we nail it?
Alarm connection to 5-wire door locks - Page 2 -- posted image.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic