the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

1998 Dodge Caravan, alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 28, 2006 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
Been a while since I did one,
Try:
Chassis Ground Thru A 665 Ohm Resistor On WHITE/ Green wire To Disarm OEM Alarm.
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
nightowl2 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2006 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
That doesn't work.
nightowl2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2006 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, everyone listen up....LEARN from my mistake! Don't get agravated! If you do, walk away till you calm down. Then go back and double check what you are doing. mo12v, thanks for the info. It did work, I was using the wrong resitor. I realized it because the doors were trying to lock when I was remote starting. I was trying to use the 4020 Ohm resistor, OOOPS!!!
nightowl2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2006 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  
New problem. I have been trying to install this alarm on my dad's van and now everything works except about 1 minute after alarm set, the pre warn goes off. When this happens, I can open the door and it will not set  off the alarm. I can open the door prior to this and it will set off the alarm. This is on a 1998 Caravan and the alarm is a CrimeStopper CS2016FM. Any idea's as to what is causing this? I have adjusted the pre-warn to the least amount of senativity all the way to the most amount. Also, I thought the lights staying on after the door is closed could be causing this, but they go out sooner. The 2 way paging remote is showing the doors are being opened and pre-warn on the shock sensor.
nightowl2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2006 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  
I read the manual about the 2-way pager and all the things that it will desplay. I am getting "Door Open" warning but none of the doors are open. Everything else works correctly. I noticed that if I open the door before this pre-warn, the alarm will go off. If I open it after this pre-warn, I can open it without the alarm going off.
nightowl2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2006 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
I'm having a problem trying to find the door trigger on a 1998 Dodge Caravan, actually I realized that it is a Chrysler Town and Country but all the wiring diagrams show the same wire for the door trigger. It says BROWN / white but I can't find it at the BCM. Am I looking in the wrong place?
nightowl2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2006 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
I'm using the BROWN / green like it says to do on the cd I bought from 12volt resource. Online it shows BROWN / white, and the cd shows BROWN / green. I don't see the BROWN / white and the BROWN / green doesn't work.
nightowl2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2006 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I might have found the wire. The diagram says"BROWN / White wire Lower right Gray Connector at Fuse Panel". I belive it is in that exact spot. I was looking at the 2 plugs UNDER the BCM. The plug I'm looking now is ABOVE the BCM. I'll try that wire and post back. 
nightowl2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2006 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
That is the wire. It is ABOVE the BCM and fuse panel. I'm making a note of that for later.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic