icon

clifford omnisensor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dxdenis02 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2006 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
so the g4 omnisensor is no more dei has the g5. i would like to verify my idea. can i take a g5 omnisensor and hook it up to the g4 alarm simple by cutting the RED / black wire feeding it the 5v and rewire to feed 12 v and all should be good   am i correct?
dxdenis02 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2006 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  
so you have to love dei tech support....  they told me the g5 omnisensor will not work with the g4 clifford and when i presented the idea for cutting the RED / black wire on the g4 alarm (which feeds the sensor 5v) and rewiring it to 12v to turn on the g5 omnisensor.... at first you would have thought i asked him to take a hit of a crack pipe and then said hold on and came back and said "it sounds like it would work" .... i think it will work because we are just turning the sensor on and not affection the digital info.   i would just like some 3rd party verification before i invest the time to get on my back and rip the dash out.
dxdenis02 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2006 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  

ok so we invested some time and here are the results   to add a g5 omnisensor to a g4 alarm. just hook it up the g4 alarm omni sensor wies which should be RED / black black and WHITE/ blue and at the main plug all i did was cut the RED / bacl wir at pin 2 and tap it into the red wire pin 6. basically we are cutting the 5v and giving the sensor 12v and she works great.

live on g4 clifford

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic