icon

reccommend a great alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sexyvic1 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2006 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  

thanks for all the advice,  i thought it might be installation too but i triple checked everything and it looked right to me.

are any of u guys located near staten island new york ? if so would anyone want to check it out to see if maybe i am missing something. i have no problem paying u for ur time....i am not looking for a freebie.

before i decide on a alarm maybe i should have mine looked at.

the problem is i don't know any good shops around here that i trust. and the guy who put my alarm in moved to miami.

mustangfoo 
Silver - Posts: 371
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2006 at 4:00 AM / IP Logged  
why not pull out your DMM and check to make sure the wires connected to your alarm are what they are supposed to be connected to.  Have you tried disconnecting the alarm for a period of time to see if your battery still drains.  LED's dont take enough energy away from the battery to drain it.  I honestly don't think it is the alarm, before you pay anybody check the wires with a DMM to make sure they are where they should be.  I live on opposite coast, otherwise I would check it for you for free, I'm 16, and love to install just wish I could get a job at a shop, shoot I would work for $20 a day if thats all they gave me I love it so much but hey what can I say!???
sexyvic1 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2006 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  

mustangfoo wrote:
why not pull out your DMM and check to make sure the wires connected to your alarm are what they are supposed to be connected to.  Have you tried disconnecting the alarm for a period of time to see if your battery still drains.  LED's dont take enough energy away from the battery to drain it.  I honestly don't think it is the alarm, before you pay anybody check the wires with a DMM to make sure they are where they should be.  I live on opposite coast, otherwise I would check it for you for free, I'm 16, and love to install just wish I could get a job at a shop, shoot I would work for $20 a day if thats all they gave me I love it so much but hey what can I say!???

thanks for the offer buddy reccommend a great alarm - Page 2 -- posted image..  i actually did disconect it for a while and the battery never died. i checked to make sure everything was connected right and it appeared correct for me. 

using the dmm ho would u check it?

what would u look for?

maybe i am doing something wrong.

thanks reccommend a great alarm - Page 2 -- posted image.

p.s. u should goto a local shop and speak with the owner i am sure they would put u in a position off the books.

mustangfoo 
Silver - Posts: 371
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2006 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  

ok with your booklet from your alarm you will need to know what wires should be connected to your alarm, so that we can know what wires need to be connected to your alarm.  To test you can do it like the following.. . .

Keep the alarm connected, just be cautious not to touch a - and + together.  Look at your wire diagram for your alarm and start with the first wire connected w/e it may be, lets go ahead and say it is your ground wire.  take your DMM and set it to 12 volt DC and then take your red (positive) and attach to a costant 12volt source.  When you touch your black (negative) wire from DMM to your first wire using an example as the first wire on your harness is a ground, your DMM should show somewhere between 11.8 and 12.8 volts depending on how good your battery is, could be a lil more but you will know.  If this shows ground no matter what you do to the alarm activ. or deactiv. this is your ground.  Also compare the wires connected from the vehicle to the alarm from this link to make sure they are all connected to the correct wires.  I'm sorry if this is a little confusing.  If you would like later today as I am a lil busy right now I will go down to my car and take some pictures to give you a more visual explanation which would work better if you are confused.  I would rather try to help you out before you go and throw money away to some1, so if you can wait I can help you out.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic