icon

1997 Toyota Corrola Problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xone 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2006 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know why when i hook up the lock/ unlock wires from the viper791 to the blue/white and blue yellow wires in the car only the unlock seems to work (after pressing the unlock button on the remote twice). Directechs doesnt say anything about it being double pulsed and the lock doesnt work at all. I tried with and with out the 451m and still no luck. It had a dealer installed alarm which i removed and they used the same lock/unlock wires that im using. Direct techs shows blue/black and blue/red as the lock/unlock wires but i didnt find any of those wires that metered with the locks in the kick panel. Thanks in advance if anyone replies.
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2006 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
Are you trying to find those wires by testing with the lock switch or with the key in the door?  Make sure you're using the key in the passenger's door to test for the wires.  Also the wires are in the passengers kick.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
xone 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2006 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
Ok from the first time i was hooking up lock/unlock at the driver kick to the wires from the dealer alarm. Now i used the blue/red (unlock) and blue/black (lock) at the pass. kick but im still having the same problem!!!!! Its driving me crazzy!!!! Its still only unlocking when i hit the button on the remote twice and when i lock it nothing happens. Audivox tech sheet says to tie the blue/red to the blue / YELLOW and diode isolate well i did that and still nothing.
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2006 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
For unlock, program the alarm for a double pulse unlock.  Wouldn't be the first time I've seen tech sheets wrong about that.  Is the lock wire testing properly?
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
xone 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2006 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
yes all the wires test properly. i tested them like you said at the pass. door with the key. The plug is a white plugg at the botom of the pass. kick where i made the conections.
car_tech1 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2006 at 2:23 AM / IP Logged  
Hey try disconecting the unlock wire and maybe the lock wire and test with your test light or multimetre to make sure each time you arm and disarm the alarm is sending a signal, then try findind another unlock wire,its in the same plug i think down in the kick panel. Alot of toyotas have two lock and two unlock wires. does the light fade out or switch straight off when the last door is closed. hope this helps

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic