icon

Besy Buy Installers, What do you make?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bazzgazm 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2006 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  
oh, i haven't gotten it yet. but that's what i want.
or i'll tell them to transfer me to the store 9 miles from my house, not 26
since the new service manager/district posterchild is there at the closer store and knows me i might have a chance of doing that
either pay me the money for gas i need or let me drive to a store 15 mins away, not 30 on the interstate.
besides.
i'm listed as pay 9 there.
i should not have people on 5-7 getting more than me.
simple as that.. unless those people are lifelong bestbuyers who haven't gotten a promotion. then i can see them maxing out their pay.
max pay is like he said, 17-19 ish. bottom is in the 11's
not at the bottom. but close enough to bitch about it
coreyj 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2006 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  

I was told I got a 90 day raise,  then when time came around for it,  I was told I didn't get one.  I was a little upset, but I let it go ( was only gona be like $0.25 anyway was what I was told ).  I decided I would get raises by working for it.

Got MECP Basic,  got a little more than manager promised,  more than made up for the 90 day thing. 

Got MECP Advanced 4 months later.  Got another raise.  Still at the low end of the Advanced pay scale according to the compensation manual,  still not making what I feel I am worth ( about $1 more than I am now I figure is fair ),  but no worries.  Here is why:

I work for a company making a couple dollars an hour higher within 10 months of being hired than I was at previous employeer for 6 years and managing the store.  I got 2 raises without asking,  just took a couple tests.  I have health insurance that is equal to what I had before,  but before it cost me $18.90 every week,  now its $19.99 every other week.  I made it to a position equal to install senior/sup ( our store doesn't have that title position ) within the store at the first of June.  Since then I have took it upon myself to learn more of SOP rules ( as no one in the install bay previously really knew them or bothered to look ) and am training the others.  I talk to everyone in teh department and get their viewpoint on things and not even on our stores viewpoint commitee ( although they recruited me for this very reason, as a manager requested them do, and I attend first meeting tomorrow morning ).  I have made very good impression on the entire management staff since the "promotion" and was told earlier this week that when my review arrives that my performance will be figured in as an amount to be added to what I get from the review itself.  And I didn't have to ask for any more, it was brought up to me.

If you do your job, and do it well,  and your management team notices it,  you will be rewarded greatly within this company.  Of course,  your management team does play more into that than just the work does.

Murph,  I owe you a big thanks for the help you gave me throught PM's.  I am sure I will be asking for more help in the future.

xone 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2006 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  

Yea knowing SOP really does help, its helped me atleast. Too bad it doesnt tell you how to deal with stupid managementBesy Buy Installers, What do you make? - Page 8 -- posted image.. They really need to add that section.  

coreyj 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2006 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
Being an empowered installer doesn't help if management still doesn't listen,  or gets annoyed that you suddenly know more than they themselves and start making your life miserable.
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2006 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged  
Murph wrote:
We own our bay. No manager will change what works. They are not some super power. They are managers that will be gone before you are.
YOu should as someone how little brother futureshop's install bays are doing just after they adopted a BBY clone store operation. I'd say 50% of the talented installers quit because we got kicked so far down the totem pole we had to answer to customer service sup's.
How's that for empowerment
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
Page of 8

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic