icon

Besy Buy Installers, What do you make?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Dreadlock 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2006 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  
best buy is junk, i worked there for 3 years and they didnt want to pay crap. for what me and one other guy pulled off in our area was amazing. we would bust 1000 days just the 2 of us on a sunday selling and installing and no one gave a doodie. best buy will never pay what you all think you deserve because some other idiot will do the same job gor a 1 less. note: no disrespect to you bby guys im just saying the company is crap.
lordtie 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2006 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  
I use to work for Circuit City and I make crap. I only make 11 an hour and I worked there for 4 years. The I moved to Best Buy and in less then 3 years I was maken 21 an hour. Now I work for the Government just installing TV`s, PC`s and Satilight TV. I make about 75K a year now and this work is SO SO much easyer then what C. City & B. Buy makes you do. I also get a raise every year no matter what too.
lordtie 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2006 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
Yes you do just check your hand book I know it is in there. They did the same thing to me and a bunch of the guys I worked with. When you do fined it show your GM and they have to pay you back. If you still get the run around call your HR person. When I worked the I was about to become a GM so I know it is in there. If you cant fined it in your hand book just call HR.
jayx27 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2006 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
If you read the yearly compesation manuals it clearly states that installers do not get a 90 day review.   The compensation manual is something that every Best Buy employee should be familiar with as it lists the pay scales and schedules for every job code in the store. It also lists the guidlines for your raise based on the salary band and review score you receive.   If you are having a wage dispute and you use this as your arguing point you have all the leverage you need. Believe me, it made a ALOT of money in back pay. My GM even said "Where did you find this??" lol.
Pull up tagzone and search for "compensation" it will be a liken that sais FY07 compensation manual or something to that effect, and it is updates with new wages yearly.
warmuth_5 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2006 at 2:59 AM / IP Logged  

When faced with a problem in our bay, we just ask the question: "what would Ron Gold do?" I love gettin on there for the useless half hour I half to show up before the bay opens and read the latest tech tips and feedbacks.

Oh, that tech briefing stuff is good. Even though we're more likely to get an 87 than an 07at our store, it's good to know stuff like we can do just about anything in a Honda Fit except for the H.U. Props to whoever made that happen.

No, I will not give you all parts and labor free!
jayx27 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2006 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  
gosh i just realized how incoherent my last post was... lol mustve been rushing...
bazzgazm 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2006 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the compensation manual! Never saw that myself

half the people in our store aren't even at the lower part of the pay scale.

i found out how low i really am and it's helping me to a 2$ review.

peace dudes

coreyj 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2006 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH,  Compensation manual.

For some reason I can see some managers getting ticked off and canning some folks if they pull that thing out.

Employee:  "  Hey look at this,  you aint paying me what I am supposed to get "

Manager: "  Fine, your fired,  I'll hire some other just graduated high school kid who will do this for $7.50 an hour. "

My manager told me flat out that I am within $2 of the vey maximum he will ever pay an installer to work for him,  and I am on the low end of the Advanced Installer pay scale ( lowest is $11.24 an hour for an advanced installer, max $17.50 ).  I go for the master installer test in the morning,  for some reason I doubt it will be that last time I go to take that test Besy Buy Installers, What do you make? - Page 7 -- posted image.

cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2006 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  
Am I missing something?  I found the compensation manual, but under my job code it didn't list anything as far as the pay scale goes.  Oh well who cares I guess tomorrow's my last day anyway.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
jayx27 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2006 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
Good luck with the master installer test... I might try in a year or two but I only have 2 out of the 3 years of experience needed (But i like to think ive come a long way in a short time). I think i heard from someone else on this board that they might be creating a new job code for master installers soon, which only makes sense... And if thats the way your GM feels about installers u should leave. A few well placed damage claims from some knuckleheads will probably change his whole outlook.
And congrats on the $2 review bazz...
Page of 8

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic