icon

Aux 2 output not activating window module

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thym8scallmet 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2006 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  

I'm having a problem with my 99 grand prix.  I have a Delta 5005 Remote start that I have had for a few years and it works perfectly.  I recently installed window modules for both up and down.  I have the up hooked to the starter disable and it works great.  I want to use my accessory 2 option to roll down the windows, but when I hook the wire up to the accessory 2 wire and activate it, nothing happens.  I know that the module works, because when I ground it, the windows go down.  I have put a meter on the acc 2 wire to test it and at a setting of .2 dc volts on the meter, It shows back .631 when activated.  I have tried pulsed, latched, and timed. I'm at my witts end here guys.  Please help me!

Thanks

T

Thanks   
T
Drive it like you rented it!
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2006 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
If your saying that your window goes down when you ground the input wire, then your Aux 2 output wire needs a relay.
Or your Aux 2 output wire doesnt work?
olioli 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2006 at 12:41 AM / IP Logged  

try using a timer pulse sender. you just need to send a negative pulse to activate it .  you can be able to adjst the necesary time also, to keep the wnidows module down.

xxx
bjordet 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2006 at 2:11 AM / IP Logged  
What source are you using for the roll up feature?  If you are using the (-) out for the ignition kill that may be your trouble.  Some alarm ignition kill outputs go to ground and stay there when armed.  This will be giving your window  module a constant ground for the roll up circuit when armed and won't allow you to activate the roll down at the same time.  Have you tried the aux 2 feature when the alarm is disarmed?  Just a thought.....sometimes it is the simple stuff that causes the most coconut scratching! Aux 2 output not activating window module -- posted image.
wentworth007 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2006 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
like captain said you need a relay to get enough ground current to activate the module.
thym8scallmet 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2006 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged  

Well I may vary well need a relay.  And I have tried wiring one several times.  I have checked the outputs from the alarm its self, everything seems fine.  I have tried to hook it up by its self with out the roll up moduels, I have hooked it up to aux 1, which is the trunk release, and it works being hooked up there.  When i ground the modules while they are not hooked to the alarm, they work... I just think its wierd that I am getting a signal from aux 2 and its not activating the roll down modules.  If any of you know how to wire the relay, please post it here. 

Thanks

T

Thanks   
T
bbtaco 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2006 at 5:42 AM / IP Logged  
Have you tried using AUX 2 for the trunk pop?
To increase the strength of your (-) AUX signal using a relay.
86 Fused 12VDC constant
85 (-) From alarm AUX 2
87 Chassis ground
30 (-) output to module
87A Not used
thym8scallmet 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2006 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  
Actually, no I have not tried aux 2 for the trunk pop, but I will.. Ill also wire a relay the way you have shown here, but I think I tried it that way.  Either which way, if this dosen't work, I think i'm going to give up on this alarm, and call that channel a lost cause. 
Thanks   
T

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic