icon

1990 RHD Toyota Landcruiser door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jrhaze 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2006 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  

I am installing an alarm in my 1990 Landcruiser HDJ81 RHD japanese import and have a couple questions, I'm pretty new at this.

If I don't have factory keyless entry and I do have factory power locks, will I need to use relays to get the door locks working?  Or can I just hook up the appropriate wire from the alarm directly to the appropriate door lock wire?

Second, I have the door pin wire installed, but when I arm the alarm then disarm it I get a door open icon flashing on the remote.  Even when the door isn't open.  Other than that it seems to work, and if a door is opened while it is armed the alarm is triggered as it should be.  The door trigger shows 12v when the door is shut and 0 when the door is opened and I hooked it up to the negative door trigger wire from the alarm.  Should it be hooked up to the positive trigger?  The alarm/starter is an Ungo SR6000 BTW.

Lastly if anyone has any tips as to how I can find the wire for my wait to start light without pulling the instrument cluster I'd very much appreciate it!!!

Thanks for any help!!!

dea,can 
Copper - Posts: 284
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2006 at 4:45 AM / IP Logged  
1990 RHD Toyota Landcruiser door locks -- posted image.
dragon
dea,can 
Copper - Posts: 284
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2006 at 5:02 AM / IP Logged  
dragon
ringojam 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2006 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry but the land cruiser uses a - pulse door lock system just test at the kick panel for the lock un lock pulse.The problem for the doors is maybe you have a dome light delay? you need to wire behind the instument cluster at door indicator wire,2nd japanese toyotas have terrible pin switches ! you need to check each of them and replace as needed.
Jamaica home of the worlds fastest man.
jrhaze 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2006 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  

thanks for the help, got the locks working.  Not too much to them.  As far as the door open indicator I think it was just the alarm being buggy, after a few lock/unlocks it seems to have somehow corrected itself?

Now I just need to get the remote start functioning . . .

Thanks again for the help.

jrhaze 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2006 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  

dea,can wrote:

Is it possible to find one of these sheets for the Japanses version of the landcruiser?  One that had a location for the glow plug wire would be excellent!  The wire colors are different on mine than that shows too.

Any ideas?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic