icon

Deep deep bass sub

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lolzitsmtss 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2006 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
I was looking around for a nice deep bass sub. where it hits very hard. I'm looking at the alpine type x and all the reviews says it hits really hard. Im going for SQ and not SPL. I then looked on this site for previous posts about alpine type x and its mixed emotions. I've seen some posts that talk about other subs blowing a type x out of the water with a harder deeper hit. CAn anyone tell me what subs hit harder then a type x? ..Im looking to push about 400rms watts. budget isnt really a problem if i get what i pay for..if i gotta spend 50 bucks for something that is going to last me twice as long or give me 50%more Sq then something else...i might as well just spend the extra 50....anyways...anyone know anything that hits harder then a type x?
I guess that guy has subs.
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2006 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  
while the choice of sub is very important its also about the type of enclosure you put it in. I own 2 MYX 8500s which are much better than alpine type X in my opinion and im on my 3rd different box for them. And yes im going for a SQ setup too. You might have to experiment with the box types as well. Good luck!
"People with mullets live 40% longer"   - Ricky Bobby
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2006 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  

Eclipse aluminum and titanium series will work nice in this application, real real nice actually.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
lolzitsmtss 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2006 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  

judging by ur creditals forbidden..... i think im going to go with Eclipse aluminum and titanium series . =)

I've seen eclipses but wasn't sure if it was a good brand or not. I started to see more and more posts that have high end stuff pop the name up so im guessing its a good brand. It is hard and deep correct? Not looking to blow my windows out just to make my chest hit the windshield =)

Thanx for the feedback..forbidden and killer sonata....appreciate the replies

TeddyKGB 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2006 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  
X2 on the Eclipses. Heard some in person once and I loved them.
2 Diamond Audio D3 12s
Hifonics ZXi1006 amp
MB quarts all around and a Panasonic up front.        You wanted to know don't lie...
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2006 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  

Ill also throw a vote in for eclipse, but only for their titaniums. If you arent too concerned about the price through, you should take a look at focals subs. They have always been known for their high end equipment. Im running some of their speakers. I wish i had the cash for their subs and amps.

"People with mullets live 40% longer"   - Ricky Bobby
lolzitsmtss 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2006 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  

so here it is

http://www.audiooutfitter.com/store/SW7304DVP.html

thats the correct ones you guys are talking about correct? Im geting 2 10"s because i heard 12"s have a little lag sometimes and doesnt hit as hard..is that just a myth?

aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 08, 2006 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
I really like the Alpine Type X...It's more about enclosure and I've heard the Type X in the right one and it hits real quick, deep, and hard.
I also like the Eclipses also though...they're high end equipment is pretty good...I like their amps.
lolzitsmtss 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2006 at 6:51 AM / IP Logged  

how did you like ur type x's? how much wattage were u sending to it? how did it sound?

aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 09, 2006 at 8:57 AM / IP Logged  
My friend has two Type X 12's in a vented box...I forget the tuning though...Powered by two MRD-1005's...So at full blast about 1000 watts a piece.
Sounds clean and quick...and can get LOUD...very LOUD.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic