icon

Deep deep bass sub

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lolzitsmtss 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2006 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged  
aznboi..does it hit hard sq or is it like those SPL LOUD subs??
I guess that guy has subs.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 09, 2006 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  
It's clear...real clear...and when he wants it can get loud and still maintain sound quality.
It's kinda like an sql sub I guess. Hits hard and clear.
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2006 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
oh no here we go again. There is NO SUCH THING as SQL!!! if you think there is, explain to me what SQL stands for? also, go to you next competition and tell them you want to enter the SQL category.
"People with mullets live 40% longer"   - Ricky Bobby
troy_audi0 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2006 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  

killer sonata wrote:
oh no here we go again. There is NO SUCH THING as SQL!!! if you think there is, explain to me what SQL stands for? also, go to you next competition and tell them you want to enter the SQL category.

SQL = Sound Quality LOUD!

SQ Cap is 135dB correct? so an SQL Car would play far beyond 135dB & still have the SQ & Clean install for the SQ Comps all fuses & the goods.. Thats what I would think.

Peace Troy

Kia Spec 5
Alpine IAW-505
JL HD600/4
JL HD 750/1
Alpine SPX-17Pro
RE Audio SE10
Tsunami Install Parts
troy_audi0 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2006 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  

lolzitsmtss wrote:
I was looking around for a nice deep bass sub. where it hits very hard. I'm looking at the alpine type x and all the reviews says it hits really hard. Im going for SQ and not SPL. I then looked on this site for previous posts about alpine type x and its mixed emotions. I've seen some posts that talk about other subs blowing a type x out of the water with a harder deeper hit. CAn anyone tell me what subs hit harder then a type x? ..Im looking to push about 400rms watts. budget isnt really a problem if i get what i pay for..if i gotta spend 50 bucks for something that is going to last me twice as long or give me 50%more Sq then something else...i might as well just spend the extra 50....anyways...anyone know anything that hits harder then a type x?

Just becouse a sub has a lower RMS dose not meen its a lowend sub.. The Type X is what 1000/2000 RMS/Peak thats the same class as a Image Dynamics IDMAX, JLW7,RE XXX ect ect..  Im getting ready to install a http://www.soundspliter.com  RL-i8 300RMS Loud As Hell, They Make 8,10,12's & 15's give them a look Other subs that wang on 400w I would look at The OZ Matrix Subs, Image Dynamics IDQ (Ported) sound very nice & can hit well.. Not sure what else I can think of.. good luck

Peace Troy

Kia Spec 5
Alpine IAW-505
JL HD600/4
JL HD 750/1
Alpine SPX-17Pro
RE Audio SE10
Tsunami Install Parts
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 09, 2006 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  
I know there really isn't such a thing at SQL...It's just a way some people use as a description.
I use it to say that the Type X is loud and clean at moderately high volumes.
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2006 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  
troy_audi0 wrote:

SQL = Sound Quality LOUD!

SQ Cap is 135dB correct? so an SQL Car would play far beyond 135dB & still have the SQ & Clean install for the SQ Comps all fuses & the goods.. Thats what I would think.

Peace Troy

Sound quality loud? that doesnt even make any sense. just cause you made it up doesnt mean its write. Refer to the topic started by Ravendarat about this so called "SQL"

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=80013&PN=0&tpn=1

"People with mullets live 40% longer"   - Ricky Bobby
riskyb 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2006 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  

Look into Diamond Audio as well. Ive got a 10inch D3 subwoofer at 400 watts RMS and it takes it like a champ. Diamond Audio has always been known for its loud audiophile quality sound. www.diamondaudio.com

customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2006 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged  
lolzitsmtss wrote:

so here it is

http://www.audiooutfitter.com/store/SW7304DVP.html

thats the correct ones you guys are talking about correct? Im geting 2 10"s because i heard 12"s have a little lag sometimes and doesnt hit as hard..is that just a myth?

If we're dealing with the same subs a 12 inch will not sound like its "lagging" compared to a 10 incher. It's a story you hear a lot at circuit city, best buy, even some shops but bigger cone size is not why a sub might sound like it lags. Here is a great article about it. http://www.adireaudio.com/Files/TechPapers/WooferSpeed.pdf 

and this one too http://www.adireaudio.com/Files/TechPapers/GroupDelay.pdf

Now what I would do is try to go out and listen to these subs (or whatever ones you are interested in) in a local shop. They usually know what they are doing and should be able to help you to find the right one.

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2006 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
Eclipse Aluminums... BUT buy them from an authorized dealer, NOT off the internet.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic