icon

DEI-457G on a 2003 Envoy

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ebert592 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2006 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  

Hey how does the GM-DLBP work the power seat memory, mirror memory, & radio channel memory. Also I found the panel next to the headlight switch when installing the APS996, What a perfect place for GM to give for installing things like this. I have the APS996 velcro to the side in there easy to get to and work on. Thanks Again

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 22, 2006 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
The 455G was a good and reliable piece, although I prefer one module that does locks and Passlock........when you have to install three separate products into one car, it is difficult to have it come out looking neat, and still be finished in a reasonable amount of time.
As far as the settings for Driver 1 and Driver 2, the GM-DLBP is ALWAYS Driver 1. As far as I know, this applies to all the other brands as well.
If you want your two afermarket remotes to behave as Driver 1 and Driver 2, it is possible, but difficult.
The APS-996 has the option of linking the auxillary outputs to the unlock buttons on each separate remote........the instructions are VERY unclear about how to do it, but it is listed as one of the features of that alarm.
If your truck has pushbuttons for Driver 1 and 2 on the door, you could do some testing behind the switch......figure out how the switches work......run wires into the door......and use the channel linking from the Audiovox, to activate relays, to duplicate the function of hitting the switch.
ebert592 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2006 at 7:27 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah thats what i figure I have to do with the driver memory setting. I have had the switch off and looks pretty simple just a bit more work but sure will be better than having 2 fobs on each key chain. I agree with the mulitple modules I will gladly remove the 555l and replace it with one module to keep the clean look. You see so many installs that are just push up under the panel and no one ever sees it but I know what it looks like under there. Hey when connecting to the OBDII pin#2 are you soldering into the wire from behind or pushing a pin in front the front? Thanks
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 23, 2006 at 7:59 AM / IP Logged  
You mean the purple wire for the databus signal, on the OBDII port?
I just go right to the wire behind the plug, strip a little of it open, and splice the new wire just like any other wire in the car. We usually don't solder where I work, but of course it would always help to do so.
Pushing the wire in from the front would work, but then the dealer would have a hard time connecing their scan tool during service.
ebert592 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2006 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged  

Ok good I was not sure if by connecting to the back side to the OBDII port would give a scan tool a false reading. I always solder in a vehicle it makes for such a solid connection. Any ideas on how to find a GM-DLBP dealer in the chicago land area? Thanks

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic