icon

97 eclipse rs, sub enclosure

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
anarchy customs 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2006 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
That sounds like its gonna be a pretty impressive set up. Got any progress pics so far?
glassmaster808 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2006 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  

97 eclipse rs, sub enclosure - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

This is what I did for a guy with a eclipse.

bliz_kid 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2006 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  
Anarchy i love how the box looks but i am a major newb to this and this will be my first project i need a bit more info on that fisrt off i get the taking out the seat but after the bottom mdf how did you mold the three rings for the subs into the plastic and ya im confused ...
Melted Fabric 
Silver - Posts: 509
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2006 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  
glassmaster808 wrote:
97 eclipse rs, sub enclosure - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

This is what I did for a guy with a eclipse.

I am very impressed by this concept. Just got a 1G Talon Tsi a month ago and was pondering what approach I should take, while allowing me to keep a full size spare tire back there too.
Nice97 eclipse rs, sub enclosure - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
When you do not know what you are doing and what you are doing is the best -- that is inspiration.
anarchy customs 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2006 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  

bliz_kid wrote:
Anarchy i love how the box looks but i am a major newb to this and this will be my first project i need a bit more info on that fisrt off i get the taking out the seat but after the bottom mdf how did you mold the three rings for the subs into the plastic and ya im confused ...

If I still had  my build up pics it would make perfect sense but since I dont I'll try to describe it to you. First thing you're going to do is make an mdf panel that covers where the botom of the rear seat used to be. Have this panel butt right up to the edge of that metal hump that seperates the back seats and the trunk. Next you want to tape off part of that mdf panel and your plastic interior peices on either side of the rear seat. Once fiberglassed the plastic panels are going to give you your base for the sides of the box. And the mdf panel is going to give you the shape for the front. Now you're going to have a mold that stretches the length of the rear seat space. Trim the mold to whatever size/shape you want. Then mount your sub rings where you want. Build an mdf panel to close the back of the enclosure. Once all that it done you can fleece and glass it. Hope that helps.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic