icon

JL Audio 500/1 and Boost

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
steezs 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2006 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  
rgo here or http://www.mobilcaraudio.com/catalog/item/895089/466660.htm type the eppicenter audio bass maximizer try using yahoo search too cause google is doodie soemtimes
the duce
steezs 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2006 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
Oh ya forgot just get some pro to tune it if you dont know how to do it and becareful with it they can blow your subs if you get knob crazy  i dont tihnk they are that expensiver anymore 200 bucks or less really good when listening to songs with no bass easy install similar to an equalizer enjoy.
the duce
Flakman 
Copper - Posts: 365
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2006 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  

intargc wrote:
Ok, so I guess the V in ACV stands for volts? :) I'm a newbie here...
Also, in JL Audio's tutorial, they say to turn your head unit up 3/4 of the way. Which, on my Alpine headunit is around the 25 mark. The problem is, if I can't turn it up past 20 without blowing my ear drums from the door speakers. It's a Bose setup and I'd rather not go in and try to figure out how to disconnect these speakers to venture on this gain setting thing.
Is there any way around this? Would it be OK just to set it at 1/2 the volume instead of 3/4? My radio RARELY goes above 16. I had it up to 18 last night playing a track that was light on volume... But, typically, 16 is REALLY loud to me.

Typically, you turn up your HU until you start to hear distortion, and then back off on the volume until the distortion goes away. You can use earplugs or other ear protection if you like, you can still tell when the distortion starts. Then adjust the gain on the amp the same way. You should be able to turn it up to the loudest point that you care to listen to and then adjust the gain on the amp. Depending on the HU you are running (forgot to look) it probably has sub out level control built in. You can then turn the volume on the subs down or up depending on how you like it. My preferrence would be to adjust to distortion and back off to clean sound. That way, if you want to crank up the subs a bit more without having to blast the highs and mids, you have the headroom to do so.

That's my opinion...and I'm sticking to it. (unless someone has a better idea JL Audio 500/1 and Boost - Page 3 -- posted image. )

The Flakman
I feel strange. I have deja vu and amnesia at the same time.
John | Manteca, CA
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic