icon

4 channel amp?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joejitsu 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2006 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 1990 corolla GTS. I just bought a clarion with the USB flash use. I got an ALpine AMP 4 channel and want to know the best way to hook this up, plus some instructions. Like Do I tap in or connect the remote power to the power antenna? Should I use all channells? Use subs and rears?

On the amp theres like a couple connections to the "bridge" Dont know what to do there. I got the ground ready and the power. just need the harder stuff solved. Thanks for any info. ASk me any questions so I can get the correct answers.

Cobra Kai Never Die
josh1979 
Silver - Posts: 320
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2006 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  
are you useing the 4CH to power all 4 corners in the car or just 2 corners ,and a sub or just subs?
bring back the rotary phone so i dont have to press 1 to proceed in english
joejitsu 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2006 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  

josh1979 wrote:
are you useing the 4CH to power all 4 corners in the car or just 2 corners ,and a sub or just subs?

I just want to probably do the rear speakers and subs. Is it possible to do front ,rears and subs?

Cobra Kai Never Die
joejitsu 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2006 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  

nouseforaname wrote:
the bridged option is to convert the 4 channel to a 3 channel or a two channel. just keep your ohm load in mind when doing this. don't use the power antenna wire for the amp remote or your amp will turn off when you go to cd. most HU's have a blue/white wire that is the amp turn on wire. the solid blue is for the antenna. if your model doesn't have a blue/white, you can just use the ignition wire.

Well the one I bought for my wife is the USB flash stereo. She doesnt use the CD. is that ok to use then?

Cobra Kai Never Die
joejitsu 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2006 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  

nouseforaname wrote:
you'd have to wire the fronts AND rears together, seriesed of course, off the front channels, then bridge the rear channels to run the sub. remember, when you bridge two channels, it cuts the ohm load in half of what you are acually giving it, say you have two 4 ohm svc subs wired in parallel to get a 2 ohm load. when you bridge the two channels, the amp will see a 1 ohm load. pay close attention to the impedence loads or you'll have a boat anchor that looks like an amp.

Im sorry,

Im new to this. Ohms? So I need to use different wires? Speaker wires , Right?

I fee dumb when it comes to this type of stuff

Cobra Kai Never Die
josh1979 
Silver - Posts: 320
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2006 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  

man i hate to say this but with the kind of questions you are asking i thing you need to take you car to some one who knows what thay are doing and ask then if thay can explain what thar did you may learn a little from this and could try to do it your self next time. there is no shame in breaking down to let a professional handle it i would hate to see that nice new head and or your amp up in smoke over some thing like $50.

this is a link to a site that has a lot of gooe info read up http://www.bcae1.com/ 

bring back the rotary phone so i dont have to press 1 to proceed in english
vinspo 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2006 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  

nouseforaname wrote:
the bridged option is to convert the 4 channel to a 3 channel or a two channel. just keep your ohm load in mind when doing this. don't use the power antenna wire for the amp remote or your amp will turn off when you go to cd. most HU's have a blue/white wire that is the amp turn on wire. the solid blue is for the antenna. if your model doesn't have a blue/white, you can just use the ignition wire.

An amplifier does not change impedence, speakers do. Whether bridged or not, 2ohms is 2ohms.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 11, 2006 at 1:48 AM / IP Logged  
vinspo, nouse never said anything about the amplifier changing the ohm load that it sees...he just said that you can bridge the rears and keep the fronts stereo essentially turning it into a three channel setup or bridge front and rear making it a 2 channel.
joejitsu 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2006 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  
 I got power to the AMP. Remote,ground and power all hooked up.NOw I dont have any sound though. I think I plugged speaker wire wrong. I am just running a MOnster huge wire to the 2 10's BOston pros that are hooked up to the 4 channel amp(alpine). I have 2 preouts. and 2 inputs also. Then I got 2 rows of 1-2 channel and 3-4 channel.
Cobra Kai Never Die
vinspo 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2006 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  
nouseforaname wrote:
you'd have to wire the fronts AND rears together, seriesed of course, off the front channels, then bridge the rear channels to run the sub. remember, when you bridge two channels, it cuts the ohm load in half of what you are acually giving it, say you have two 4 ohm svc subs wired in parallel to get a 2 ohm load. when you bridge the two channels, the amp will see a 1 ohm load. pay close attention to the impedence loads or you'll have a boat anchor that looks like an amp.
My mistake, I copied the wrong post. This is the one he wrote that in.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic