the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 civic si OEM ground when armed wire?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
benmunger 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2006 at 7:15 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 2006 civic si
I would like to install a window roll up module and im looking for a ground when armed wire on the OEM alarm.
any one know where it is (if there is one)?
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2006 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  

There isn't one.  What you can do is this.  Take 2 relays, and wire up like this.

Relay 1

85 - Ground

86 - Ignition Switched +12v   Blue
87a - Ground
30 - Output to relay 2

Relay 2

85 - Input from relay 1
86 - Lock motor wire    Blue
87 - Ground
30 - This is you ground when armed output to your window module

What will happen is with the ignition off, when you lock the car it will trigger relay 2 which will pulse your window controller and it will roll up.  If the ignition is on and you lock the door, the window will not activate.

Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
benmunger 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2006 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  
wow, that is realy clever.
do you have any tricks for the roll down with the stock remote?
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2006 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  
cntrylvr79 wrote:

There isn't one.  What you can do is this.  Take 2 relays, and wire up like this.

Relay 1

85 - Ground

87a - Ground
30 - Output to relay 2

Relay 2

85 - Input from relay 1
86 - Lock motor wire    Blue
87 - Ground

What will happen is with the ignition off, when you lock the car it will trigger relay 2 which will pulse your window controller and it will roll up.  If the ignition is on and you lock the door, the window will not activate.

Problem with this setup is most window modules require a longer ground to roll the windows up all the way. If you are using a DEI 530T, your windows will roll up about 2 inches.
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2006 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
look in relay section, the above diagram can have a longer length of ground w/ a capacitor.
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.
cntrylvr79 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2006 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
JWorm wrote:
cntrylvr79 wrote:

Relay 1

85 - Ground

87a - Ground
30 - Output to relay 2

Relay 2

85 - Input from relay 1
87 - Ground

Problem with this setup is most window modules require a longer ground to roll the windows up all the way. If you are using a DEI 530T, your windows will roll up about 2 inches.

I knew I forgot to mention something.  If you find with that setup the windows aren't rolling up all then way, then what you can do is replace relay #2 with a DEI pluse timer relay p/n 528t. Wire that up like so.

Red - Constant

Black - Input from relay #1
BLACK/ white - Lock motor wire
Yellow - Ground
Brown - This is the ground when armed output to your window module.
Cut the blue loop in half and tape up the ends
Set the dial at about the 12 oclock position

As for the window rolldown with the stock remote, I'll have to get back to you, I know I have a diagram at work on how to do it, I just have to find it.  The only reason I suggest using a 528t instead of a capacitor is because if you need to extend the trigger for any length of time the cap you'll need will start to get rediculouly large.  to put it in prospective a 1 farad cap will keep a standard bosch relay activated for between 15 and 20 seconds.

benmunger 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2006 at 6:20 AM / IP Logged  
cntrylvr79 wrote:
JWorm wrote:
cntrylvr79 wrote:

There isn't one. What you can do is this. Take 2 relays, and wire up like this.

Relay 1

85 - Ground

86 - Ignition Switched +12v   Blue
87a - Ground
30 - Output to relay 2

Relay 2

85 - Input from relay 1
87 - Ground

What will happen is with the ignition off, when you lock the car it will trigger relay 2 which will pulse your window controller and it will roll up. If the ignition is on and you lock the door, the window will not activate.

I knew I forgot to mention something. If you find with that setup the windows aren't rolling up all then way, then what you can do is replace relay #2 with a DEI pluse timer relay p/n 528t. Wire that up like so.

Red - Constant

Black - Input from relay #1
BLACK/ white - Lock motor wire
Yellow - Ground
Brown - This is the ground when armed output to your window module.
Cut the blue loop in half and tape up the ends
Set the dial at about the 12 oclock position

As for the window rolldown with the stock remote, I'll have to get back to you, I know I have a diagram at work on how to do it, I just have to find it. The only reason I suggest using a 528t instead of a capacitor is because if you need to extend the trigger for any length of time the cap you'll need will start to get rediculouly large. to put it in prospective a 1 farad cap will keep a standard bosch relay activated for between 15 and 20 seconds.

yeh, pulse timer, i figured that out already...
all i need help with now is the roll down...
is there a module that i can connect to the unlock wire. that will send a ground pulse if i hit the unlock button 3 times?
benmunger 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2006 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  

cntrylvr79 wrote:
As for the window rolldown with the stock remote, I'll have to get back to you, I know I have a diagram at work on how to do it, I just have to find it. 

is there a module that sends a timed ground if it recieves two ground pules one after another.  (or maybe use a combination of a pulse timer and a relay)

this way i could push the unlock button twice and that would make the windows go down.

cntrylvr79 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2006 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  

Ok I might have figured out how to do the roll down with the stock remote.   First make sure that when you hit the unlock button on the remote 3 times, the door locks try to unlock 3 times.  If they do, then you can use a pac tr-7.  You'll have to program the tr-7 to option 15.  The pulse count will have to be 3, and the timer set to 6 seconds.  Then you'll have to wire it up as follows.

Black -  Ground

Red - Constant +12v
Green - Unlock motor wire in the car
White - RED / white wire of the 530t

The brown, blue, and orange wires aren't needed so you can tape them up.  Programming the tr7 can be a bit of a hassle though.  The only other problem you'll run into is you won't be able to just vent the windows with this setup.  Once you hit the unlock button 3 times the windows will start to roll down and should stop at the end of travel.  The unlock motor wire is yellow.  Same place as the lock motor.

escustomz 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2006 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  
ok
For NorCal Installations I specialize in protecting the Import cars in our area since they are the most jacked. Email me if you need something customized for your car. kill switches and all

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic