icon

subs?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jonathancullen 
Silver - Posts: 282
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2006 at 7:33 AM / IP Logged  
i got 2 rockford p2 12's so not loud enough. im lookin at the alpine type x 12, kicker L7, and after reading other forums the tc line of subwoofers. i dont really wanna spend more then 300 but if i have to oh well. im 17 and big into car audio. ive got the loudest system in school so far and want to improve on that with alot bigger bass. can anyone help me? what are the loudest subs out there without breakin the wallet. thanks guys pz out
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2006 at 7:41 AM / IP Logged  
What type of power do you have, also what type of enclosure are your subs in that you have now?
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
jonathancullen 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2006 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
ahhhhhhh sum1 that knows what he is talkin about xD. i read sum of ur other posts so yeah. its just in a sealed box, nuttin special. my stuff is ok for begginers but i want louder, ive gotten used to them and when people get in my car they are yelling at me to turn it down but it isnt that loud to me anymore. i can get about an inch of flex out of my rockfords but those tc's look like they are doin way more then that. but idk maybe sum other ones are better
jonathancullen 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2006 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
alright if tc is a good brand then i was thinking about getting either two tc-1000 12's or one tc-3000 15. this is prolly gonna take up all my money so imma have to get sum cash from my parents xD.  if anyone thinks i get get better +louder for around the same price please let me know, i am greatful for any info you guys give me. thanks alot  guys
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 22, 2006 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
First build a big ported box for em...then see how loud they are
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2006 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
jonathancullen wrote:
i got 2 rockford p2 12's so not loud enough. im lookin at the alpine type x 12, kicker L7, and after reading other forums the tc line of subwoofers. i dont really wanna spend more then 300 but if i have to oh well. im 17 and big into car audio. ive got the loudest system in school so far and want to improve on that with alot bigger bass. can anyone help me? what are the loudest subs out there without breakin the wallet. thanks guys pz out
THIS is where the youth of today is taking us, people... Does ANYBODY understand a word of this? Jonathan, perhaps you should forget about car stereos and things like that, and dedicate a little time to your schooling. (My apologies to the senior members of the forum, but I feel our 12volt.com is slipping, and we need to take it back...)
Allow me to translate. I think he meant something like this:
I've got two Rockford Fosgate P2 12" woofers. I dont think they are loud enough. I was considering the Alpine Type X 12 inch woofer, the Kicker L7, and even the TC Sounds subwoofers, after hearing about those, on some other forums. I'd really like to spend less than $300 for a pair, but if necessary, I can spend more. Right now, I have the loudest system in my school, but I'd like it to be even louder. (I need to compensate.) What, in your opinions, are the loudest subs I can get, without breaking the bank? Thank you, everybody. Peace out.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Flakman 
Copper - Posts: 365
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2006 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
Heam...took the words right out of my mouth!!!! I would LOL your post if it wasn't so disappointingly true!
The Flakman
I feel strange. I have deja vu and amnesia at the same time.
John | Manteca, CA
sprawl85 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2006 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  
Don't you remember high school???
subs? -- posted image.
Herein lies the problem
fiberglass reminds me of peanut brittle... but fiberglass tastes better!
jonathancullen 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2006 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
lol, come on guys help me out here xD. i am selling my rockfords in a couple of weeks to one of my friends. and 130db isnt alot so it will take a while b4 im deaf.  and as far as schooling im not a dropout or anything, im jus a kid that loves his music. and i get A's in most of my classes. as long as i can remember when my uncle had a system, i was like 8, i loved it and still do. dont dis me jus because im a highschool student. pz
sprawl85 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2006 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, right now you have 2 250wrms 12's and you want to get louder. You either need a ported box, or more power and better speakers, or larger speakers.
You definitely won't be dissapointed with the tc's. Elemental Designs is something to look into if you don't want to spend a whole lot on an amp because they are really efficient, nice SQ too. Their OV line would run you somewhere around 300 for two twelves and they can handle double the power of those fosgates and will sound a doodieload cleaner.
But you have a ton of options, a lot will get louder than those fosgates, but you have to be willing to put some money into powering them. Someone asked what you are using for power and without a response from that no one can really make any recommendations.
fiberglass reminds me of peanut brittle... but fiberglass tastes better!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic