the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

whats the best way to wire 6 subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2006 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  
They might be 1ohm stable. The specs I found were from aftermarket sites, not the manufacturers.
BTW, the reason I said not to expect the rated values for either amp is most manufacturers base their ratings on a 14.4 volt electrical system, not a standard 12.4 volt electrical system.
Good luck
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
skylark 
Copper - Posts: 191
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2006 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
nouseforaname wrote:
nouseforaname wrote:

what kind of subs are they?

just curious.

they the massive audio dmx 12's

they going in a enclosure built for 6 subs. Im almost postive they should make some serious bang, and im hoping the sq is good to

goingcrazyonsound
skylark 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2006 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  
oh oh, i have a problem. I thought the subs were dvc subs and i just took one sub all the way out the box and it has three sets of speaker terminals. I have never seen this before, and before everybody gets started, when i got the subs, all i did was open up each box to make sure they was in there, i never took them out. So im sure this just screws up all my wire options huh?
goingcrazyonsound
skylark 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2006 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  

nouseforaname wrote:
i've heard of dual and quad voice coils, but 3 coils? that's new to me to. i have no experience with massive so i can't help you much. are you sure about the impedances you specified?

your right they quad, 4 of them, i seen three and was like wtf, now that its all the way out its 4,

goingcrazyonsound
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2006 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  

Post the impedance of the voice coils and we can try again to show you 1 and/ or 2 ohm setups. You should have alot more flexibility with 4 voice coils although I have never used one personally I would assume they are quad coils for vesitility. If I am wrong about this someone post. can't wait to see that diagram   ; )

Thanks

skylark 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2006 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  
master5 wrote:

Post the impedance of the voice coils and we can try again to show you 1 and/ or 2 ohm setups. You should have alot more flexibility with 4 voice coils although I have never used one personally I would assume they are quad coils for vesitility. If I am wrong about this someone post. can't wait to see that diagram   ; )

Thanks

they one ohm, im mad now because i ordered these subs over the phone and i said i wanted 2 ohm dvcs, but thats what i get for not double checking the order after they arrrived. i had these for 2 months now. And im not gonna waste money shipping these back because they so heavy and its not worth it when i believe i can still work with what i have. And they going in a tahoe if that helps.

goingcrazyonsound
wvsquirrel 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2006 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  
If you've got the DMX 12 Stage2 then those puppies are rated at 2500RMS 5000Peak. And you still want to run 6 of them? You'll be massivly underpowering them.
So you're saying that they are 1ohm QVC's? This is going to be an interesting diagram that will take some time. Unfortunately I don't think I'll have the time to dedicate to it until at least Sunday.
Squirrel
Donate to the12volt.com
wvsquirrel 
Posted: October 13, 2006 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I found a good base model for the QVC's. I'll see what I can do., I just hope I get the ohms right *laughing*
Squirrel
Donate to the12volt.com
skylark 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2006 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  

wvsquirrel wrote:
If you've got the DMX 12 Stage2 then those puppies are rated at 2500RMS 5000Peak. And you still want to run 6 of them? You'll be massivly underpowering them.
So you're saying that they are 1ohm QVC's? This is going to be an interesting diagram that will take some time. Unfortunately I don't think I'll have the time to dedicate to it until at least Sunday.

ya thats what they are. I heard good things about them and i have always used only eclipse and kicker, ya i know kicker is not in the same class, but since the dealer was local to me and i did a lot of research online, i decided massive fits my budget perfect. I hope im not under powering them. I might order another massive 3000 watt amp. They also run 6000 to 2 ohms, and they on ebay right now brand new for 460 plus shipping. So i would use 2 massive amps if they are gonna be under powered. But i have never no subs being able to run at that wattage, especially at what i paid for these. 320 apiece and thats cheap for a subwoofer that i have heard good things from, even cheaper then the eclipse ti subs

goingcrazyonsound
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2006 at 3:04 AM / IP Logged  

comon squirell, post that diagram. It is going to look like a cluster of spyders but if I made it you would never even be able to tell they are speakers. I also will try to set up configurations but am burned out now. another time or hopefully someone else has the patience. When those woofs are hooked I reccomend hearing protection, those 6 subs are going to be moving alot of air.

I figure these subs can be wired to run 4ohm,series, 2ohm,series/ parallel, 1ohm, parallel/series,or 1/4 ohm, parallel...that sound accurate?

Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic