icon

Bass to mids fill

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
prodigal 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2006 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
Oh don't worry i'm open to crtitcism I mean isn't it what the world is best at. all things considered i don't think i'm wasting useful frequencies cause i have a digital bass reconstructor (soundstream bx-10)and from my research i've learnt that it takes the higher frequencies and reproduces them as low frequencies particularly those below 40 Hz and i've tried running and boosting 30 Hz with and without the bass maximizer and the difference was very substantial so o believe it does pretty much what it says. killer i agree with you on the components over 6X9s and i think i'll look into that as well. I like experimenting so i'm just trying out different things for my own personal experience and to widen my understanding After i believe i've learnt enough i'll start to invest heavily in my dream system. Oh and dyon you've given some valuable info as well i appreciate it. I'll look into the mid bass drivers soon.
Prodigal Son
prodigal 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2006 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
1 more thing i realized that with the lower frequency bass not only do get very little rattling but i can feel my insides (of my body) shaking when i really turn it up and again the rattling is very little. I mean that beats sound dampening by far doesn't it?
Prodigal Son
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2006 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  

prodigal wrote:
1 more thing i realized that with the lower frequency bass not only do get very little rattling but i can feel my insides (of my body) shaking when i really turn it up and again the rattling is very little. I mean that beats sound dampening by far doesn't it?

Nope.

Support the12volt.com
prodigal 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2006 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
Question about mid bass speakers: you said to install them in the front door panels. Are these speakers free air speakers or is there need to construct a box for them? Also how loud do they play?
Prodigal Son
DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2006 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  

prodigal wrote:
Question about mid bass speakers: you said to install them in the front door panels. Are these speakers free air speakers or is there need to construct a box for them? Also how loud do they play?

I suggested in kick panels, although you could use the front door panels if you are not using them for your front main speakers.  Where and what are your front mains, by the way?  You ask how loud they play... as loud as you want them to.  But the correct answer is as loud as they need to be to blend properly with the front mains.

Support the12volt.com
prodigal 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2006 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
my front mains are the originfal speakers on the front dash i believe they are 4" speakers at 8 ohms and 10 watts each and are powered by the HU. Looked into the kick panel idea and they look really sweet. If i decide to go with the idea i'd want to fibreglass my own design. In my reading i came across the problem of angle which causes difference in distance from speaker to ears and affecting staging how do i overcome that? what is the average int. volume of the enclosure for these mid bass speakers if they do need an enclosure at all? is it better to have mids up front or in the rear or both and which locations are better? Thanks for the input i'm learning so much about mids and all suggestions are getting me to come up with a great design. i'm already shopping for my components and can't wait to custom install them myself. i'm really looking forward to fibreglassing too.
Prodigal Son
DYohn 
Posted: November 01, 2006 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
The best solution for mid-bass is usually as part of a properly design front stage since the sound is in stereo.  Using your stock front speakers but having upgraded rear speakers is exactly backwards from a proper installation, by the way.  You want the main sound to be in front of you (as much as possible) not behind you.  Every speaker has different requirements for enclosure volume for best performance, but in reality you can mount any speaker any way you choose as long as you understand the trade-offs.  In my old car I used 7" Scan Speak woofers in 0.6cuft sealed kick panel enclosures for dedicated mid-bass. In my current vehicle the stereo main component have enough mid-bass that they do not need to be augmented.
Support the12volt.com
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2006 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  

http://www.bcae1.com/

This will probably give you more info than you need right now, but it is probably the best place to start. Read up and learn. If you still have questions, come back here. Will will be happy to continue helping you out Bass to mids fill - Page 2 -- posted image.

VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
prodigal 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2006 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  
i am getting a set of components soon. Is 60-20kHz a good frequency range for the fill i'm looking for? I intend on installing them in the upper part of the front door panels is this a good location and will it interfere with the operation of my central door locking and power window since the speaker magnet will be in the area of these motors? And will it affect the operation of the car alarm?
Prodigal Son
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic