Remote Start, 2001 Chevy Tahoe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeepers79 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2006 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  

Hey..

I HAVE to ask..  where did you buy your Tahoe, what colr is it?  I sold my old 2001 ... and i pulled the alarm but left that module in there..  LOL how funny would that be if it was mine... but I didnt leave any bare wires..tha tI know of! :)

2003 Chevy Tahoe
fortisi876 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2006 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  
jeepers79 wrote:
I HAVE to ask..  where did you buy your Tahoe, what colr is it?  I sold my old 2001 ... and i pulled the alarm but left that module in there..  LOL how funny would that be if it was mine... but I didnt leave any bare wires..tha tI know of! :)
  In NNJ.........I think the color is pewter. Remote Start, 2001 Chevy Tahoe - Page 2 -- posted image. 
fortisi876 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2006 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  

Assuming the followers of this forum believe in the old adage, the only dumb questions are the ones not asked...........I have a few questions hoping someone can help me out on, hoping to button this up in the a.m.! Remote Start, 2001 Chevy Tahoe - Page 2 -- posted image.

Anyone know if the tach wire ('01 Tahoe) is accessible from under the dash w/out having to take the dash apart ?

Also on the UltraStart 1250:

- there is an orange wire in the 14 pin connector that  says, "(-) while running / negative while locked *Starter Program Mode".........what does this hook up to?

- there is a WHITE/ blue wire in the 14 pin connector that  says, "(-) Horn honk output *User Program Mode"..........the negative side of the horn .....right? Remote Start, 2001 Chevy Tahoe - Page 2 -- posted image.

Thnx guys!

xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 7:41 AM / IP Logged  
The orange wire is a negative out when running, it is a programable output. You should be hooking it to the 555l blue/black wire. The horn honk output ie WHITE/ blue goes to the black wire in the ignition harness. Take off your dash trim remove the 4 7mm screws holding the gagauge cluster in tach is there its white very easy to do. Hope this helped ya...
fortisi876 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  

Jeremy you've been very helpful......thank you!

Hoping that I still have your attention, Remote Start, 2001 Chevy Tahoe - Page 2 -- posted image.......on the 451M do you know if all the wires coming out of it need to be attached?

Here's what I have coming out of the 451M:

purple (fused), PURPLE / blk (fused), blue, green = connected

brn/blk, white = cut down not connected

grn, red, blue (22ga) on a 3 pin connector = not connected and have no clue where it needs to go???

Ive pretty much completed everything else with the help of you good ppl! Remote Start, 2001 Chevy Tahoe - Page 2 -- posted image.

CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  
The 3 pin connector will connect to the doorlock output on the alarm. Not sure if it will plug into your alarm though. You can cut the plug off and splice it into your alarms doorlock output wires. If your alarm doesnt have a red on the lock output wires, just connect the red to a 12v constant fused.
fortisi876 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  

This will probably be my last install, Im so frustrated I cant even tell ya.!!!

Nothing works at the moment. I connected all six wires on the power connector and everything labeled MUST BE CONNECTED from the 14 pin connector (except for the hood pin wire). The only wires I have not connected are the tach, arm/disarm, door lock/unlock & trunk release wires and any wires associated with a manual trans or diesel.

Jumper select is set on position 3 (second ignition).

PROBLEM #1: Now assuming that Ive hooked up all the necessary wires I decided to move onto tachless learning. Mind you I tried tach learning when I had the wire attached to the white wire coming out of the gauge cluster but it didnt seem to wanna learn, so I disconnected it to try tachless learning and its STILL not learning. If that wasnt enough, during start up the horn honks twice as Im cranking her over. The directions state after 30 secs the LED on the antenna will turn on, it doesnt.

Problem #2: The car gives me 3 start attempts in a row but never starts.

Problem #3: When I try to reset the system to start fresh, Ive noticed it does everything correctly until I turn the car off. As soon as I turn the key to off it honks one time.

Any help would be appreciated!

fortisi876 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2006 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone? Remote Start, 2001 Chevy Tahoe - Page 2 -- posted image.
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged  

I am not sure as the standard 1250 was before my time but tachless won't be an option. It will say 1250TL as the model and even then tachless still ain't to hot with these.  Did yo meter the white wir ein the gauge cluster before trying it? if you can't grab it there it is in the big harness above drivers side wheel well going to ecm, it will be white. I suggest you check it with a meter before hooking it up. Also make sure you do a system reset ie turn ignition forward and hold small button on antenna for 5 seconds your lights will flash 5 times and you horn will honk to let you know when its reset. There are a lot of 1250's on the internet the have been refurburbished hopefully you have a good one......

fortisi876 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  

Yea Im beginning to think I might have a bad unit just cuz thats the kind of luck I have.  In my last RS install 2-3 yrs ago I had to get an exchange on the brain cuz it wasnt functioning properly. I made the mistake of buying this thing from a private seller so I might of gotten beat for $40.

I ripped out the install last night including the 555L and 451M that was already in there. Im gonna have another go at it from scratch tomorrow.

Is there anyway to test the 555L and 451M with a meter? Im starting to wonder if one of those units were faulty.

Im think about dumping the 451 and just using two relays. I dont have directions/diagrams for the 451 so I cant even check to see if it was wired correctly from the former installer.

I didnt test the white wire coming off the gauge cluster cuz everyone seemed positive its the white wire. I'll test it tomorrow tho before I reconnect to it....as long as someone tells me how to test it! LOL! Am I just looking for 12v from the white wire when I turn the key to on or do I need to start the car?

Does the Tahoe require any other mandatory connections that arent listed in the list on pge 1? ie. 3rd ignition wire or 2nd acc wire? I ask only cuz I found it odd how the thing would crank right over but seemed to cut out as soon as the engine fired up. Nor did the brain leave any error codes if I checked correctly anyway. So I dont know maybe the 555L wasnt working properly cutting the motor out once started???

Any further advice/troubleshooting tips would be great gentlemen!

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic