icon

Can undercar neons flash with alarm?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2006 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  

Diagram to flash neon with alarm (isolated w/ relay/diode)

neon_diagram.jpg

dspoppa 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2006 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah one of my alarms completly fried my system in my old ranger, something about it fried the radio and then the speaker wires and the amps and the speakers/subs. had to replace everything.
dspoppa 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2006 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all your help..
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2006 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  

well I will never be able to figure out how an alarm brain could do this or how in anyway shape or form it was tied into the sound system. That is a scary thought. If anything, the alarm does not have enough current output to damage all that equipment, and everything including the system should be fused.

But if this did happen whoever did the install must of tried really hard to make that possible. I can't imagine accidently causing an alarm to destroy a complete sound system.

Oh well, anyhow if you follow that diagram I posted it will do what you want in a safe way. Make sure that you have help from a qualified installer when doing the RS so you will learn the correct way. You don't want to blow up another sound system or worse.

Good Luck.

dspoppa 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged  
It had something to do with the internal relay shorting out and putting power down the wrong path and into the acc. wire that the radio was hooked to or something like that. Now that I've figured the neon thing out with your help, I was wondering about the neutral switch.  through the search I found out that since my car has cruise control I can hook up the hood pin switch to a wire comming from that. and also the hood pin itself.  and that, that would stop the car from starting if it was in gear, or if the hood was up.  how can I do this (or better yet can I do this).  I have a feeling the guy thats going to help me hook it up is just going to bypass the clutch switch and that would allow the car to be started in gear wouldn't it?  I know I've been a pain but please help I'm trying to make sure everythings right, soon I want to hook up both windows and the sunroof to the remote so that I can open and close all three put right know I'm just trying to get the alarm in and working properly and safely.  thanks alot...
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 1:25 AM / IP Logged  

I am still perplexed with the alarm killing the stereo but so much for that. I still can't grasp why a fuse wouldn't blow before everything else but maybe someone shoved a bolt into the fuse holders.

anyhoo...I already posted that I won't help with the clutch bypass in your case. It can be done but IMO it is a safety hazard and liability. No more to say about that, perhaps someone else is willing. And yes, if you bypass the clutch it can start in gear and drive off down the road...not a pretty picture. There are devices that can prevent this as well as units designed specifically for manual transmission. This takes the liability off the installer and should come with instuctions on how to properly bypass the clutch switch.

I don't know what the cruise control would have to do with a hood pin. However, the purpose of the hoodpin with a RS is to prevent injury in the event of a remote start while the hood is open and some poor slobs hand is in the belts or fan etc. It will prevent the remote start from engaging while the hood is open, it has nothing to do with the cruise control or the neutral safety. If the vehicle does not have a hoodpin from the factory you need to install one. They are cheap or if you don't live near alot of hills you can use a tilt sensor (mercury or ball) which will last alot longer.

As far as the window/sunroof control the modules you NEED to do this with should come with clear instructions on how to install them and how to identify the type of switches you have.

Be careful out there.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic