icon

2000 dodge intrepid, alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dbell34 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2006 at 8:25 AM / IP Logged  
where is the best place to mount a shock sensor in a 2000 dodge intrepid?
bellsracer 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2006 at 8:25 AM / IP Logged  

I find the firewall up and out of the way of things is the best place for most vehicles.

Never send your ducks to eagle school.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.
The 3Ls of life: Learn from the Past, Live for the Present, Look to the Future.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 30, 2006 at 8:26 AM / IP Logged  

Depends on who's installation manual your reading. On a FAT factory harness, zip tied securely. Or to some of the metal under the dash.double back taped.

For sure you need ot to be easily accessed for adjustment.

dbell34 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2006 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  
the idea of building a relay and hooking it up to the second ignition did not work for me if you guys have any other ideas please let me know.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 30, 2006 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
Why did it not work?
green6767 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2006 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  
dbell34 wrote:
the idea of building a relay and hooking it up to the second ignition did not work for me if you guys have any other ideas please let me know.
There is no reason that that relay should not have worked if you wired it properly. What is the color of the wire of the 2nd ignition in the car that you used? Make sure you have your relay wired up properly. How do you know it did not work? What color is the key for your car?
Shaun, we are the same height, that is neat!
12V Installation Technician for Honda, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota and Jeep.
dbell34 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2006 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
the second ignition wire is GREEN/ red my key is black, and the reason that i know it did not work is because the car did not start.
dbell34 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2006 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  

dbell34 wrote:
the second ignition wire is GREEN/ red my key is black, and the reason that i know it did not work is because the car did not start.

this is a diagram of the alarm, maybe someone can tell me what wire i may be able to use for the second ignition.

2000 dodge intrepid, alarm/remote start - Page 2 -- posted image.

toebeshair 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2006 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  

Just about to try and install the same alarm. IN A 2002 sebring conv.lxi

x-shield---xs0800s----and bypass chrdaa - v 8.0

I also have a 2nd ign. wire  which i believe we must use a relay to give it  power.????(while its remote started)??

I Dont think this unit(xs- 800s) has A  2nd ign. wire output.??

and wheres a good spot for a microware sen. in a convertible ??   

Man i think we need help!! hope were not the only ones !!!

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2006 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  

Both cars here are not that hard to do. We've tried to help Dbell but he's not telling us what we need to know. There's absolutely no reason the the relay i described earlier shouldn't work. If it isn't then the only logical solution is to use a DMM and check out why. Does the relay activate when the RS comes on? Does the relay give 12volts to the second ignition wire when the RS comes on? Without knowing these things there's absolutely no way we can help. If he's not capable of checking these things then he needs to find someone that can.

As for the Sebring, have one myself, same year. Yes, it has two ignitions, and two accessories but the second doesn't need to be activated for RS operation. You will need a bypass for the immobilizer. You don't have to bypass the factory alarm, but if you don't the horn will beep once everytime you remote start when the alarm is on. To make the alarm disarm before hand, you will need a relay and a 750 ohm resistor. To connect the keyless, you will need a set of relays and two resistors, 1800 and 750 ohms.

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic