icon

2006 Dodge Ram Diesel, Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
green6767 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2006 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  
the CHDL7-pk2 bypasses all the resistors needed for the security, locks, and ignition. It however does not bypass the 1 Kohm resistor needed for the parking lights. This is the only resistor you will need in addition to the module. This wire is really easy to get at, and all you need is a 1 Kohm resistor inline with your NEGATIVE parking lights wire from the remote starter. The wire is a WHITE/ light green at the parking light switch. There are two of them there, you just have to test both. You can get at it by taking off the panel on the driver side of the dash. You dont need to hook anything up to the turn signals, just the negative trigger parking lights wire.    
Shaun, we are the same height, that is neat!
12V Installation Technician for Honda, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota and Jeep.
jacked93 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2006 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, so I think I understand now.  Boy I wish I would have gotten on here first and found all this out before buying the bypass, so the CHDL7-pk2 kit just basically allows you to arm and disarm the factory alarm through the new remote start/alarm system right?

The alarm system lets you do the press disarm once for only opening the drivers door and twice for the rest but it uses a different wire for the unlock all.  I m guessing since the new alarm just uses the factory alarm I would just leave that seperate wire unconnected and when I press disarm twice on the remote it will unlock all doors right?

jacked93 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2006 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
The other ? I have right now is that the alarm system has two wires to hook up that are "factory arm output and factory disarm output."  That send a (-) signal while the remote start is running, what do I hook these up to?  I would think you would hook them to the door inputs on the bypass kit module, but then the doors would be unlocked during remote start.  Is this correct?
green6767 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2006 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
On the CHDL7-pk2, there is a lock and unlock wire coming from the module. You hook these up to the lock/unlock wires coming from the remote starter/alarm. With the default settings on the module, if you push lock on your remote starter/alarm it will lock all doors aswell as arm the factory alarm. If you push unlock on your remote starter/alarm remote, it will unlock all doors aswell as disarm the factory alarm system. If you want to, after finishing the install, you can program the module for drivers door priority. What this means, is that when you push lock on the remote, all the doors will lock/arm as before. The change is when you press unlock, it will only unlock the driver's door and will disarm the factory alarm. You will have to press unlock again for the rest of the doors to unlock. Some people like it this way, some dont. I prefer to leave it with the default setting of unlock/disarm all the doors on one press of the remote starter/alarm remote.
Shaun, we are the same height, that is neat!
12V Installation Technician for Honda, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota and Jeep.
jacked93 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2006 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  
Got everything installed and the vehicle does not want to start?  Any help?  Turbo timer mode doesn't work either.  I don't know what to do???  please help.  The doors lock and unlock so I would think that the bypass module has to be working.  Any ideas?
jacked93 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2006 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  
I just got done putting on my first remote start.  Doors lock and unlock fine using the bypasskit interface, but the truck will not crank?  It goes into the start sequence and the fuel pump primes but there is no cranking at all.  Truck starts fine with the key, just no remote start or turbo timer mode.   Please help
jacked93 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2006 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
Anybody have any ideas I don't know what to do?
jacked93 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2006 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
I am trying to program a bypass for my 2006 dodge ram and the vehicle doesn't seem to want to enter the programming mode.  I have 2 valid keys, but the vehicle won't go into progamming mode.  Am I missing something?
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2006 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  
Follow these instructions to program most Chryslers.
1. Unplug all wire plugs from the CHDL7_PK2 module. On the side of the CHDL7-PK2 module you will find a screw under the paper label. Remove it and remove the circuit board inside. Note on one corner of the board you will see a small chip glued into the board. This is the transponder.
2. Locate and remove the screw under the ignition cylinder that secures the transponder ring and SKIM module to the ign. cylinder. Gently use a screwdriver to release the plastic clip that also holds the ring/module onto the ign. cylinder. It should be loose enough to easily pull off the cylinder. Leave it in place for now.
3. Use the first key to turn on the ignition. You will see a small red light come on in the right side of the instrument cluster. When the light goes out, after about 4 seconds, turn the key off and remove it.
4. Within a few seconds, use the second key to turn the ignition on. Watch the red light again. It will go on for a few seconds and turn off. The chimes will also sound and then stop. Wait until you see the red light come on again, then turn the second key off and remove it.
5. Quickly pull the transponder ring/module off the ignition cylinder and let it hang by the wires pluggged into it under the steering column. Hold the circuit board from the CHDL7-PK2 module next to the ring with one hand. Make sure the transponder chip in the board is in the center of the plastic loop and right next to it. Re-insert the second ignition key into the ignition cylinder and turn the ignition on while still holding the circuit board correctly. Wait until you see the red light in the cluster begin to flash on and off for a few seconds. Once this happens, the module's transponder chip has been learned by the truck.
8. With the plastic loop/SKIM module still loose, tightly wrap the thin black wire around the plastic ring 4 times. Use putty, glue or anything to hold it in place. Re-install the plastic ring/SKIM module on the key cylinder and put the module/circuit board back together. Plug in the CHDL7-PK2 and you should be good to go.
Don't use the orange, pink or pink/white wires in the CHDL7-PK2 module. You must use relays and resistors for the 2nd starter and accessory circuits in the ignition harness. If you don't the climate controls won't work and you cause trouble lights in the cluster to turn on.
You must also only use the negative parking light circuit. If you use the postive one, the parking lights may not come on during remote start.
sparky
jacked93 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2006 at 7:20 AM / IP Logged  

The problem is that the security light never comes back on after you put the second key in.  The Check engine light does and starts to flash.  So then I proceeded with the 3rd step, the security light flashes quickly and after about 10-15 seconds the chime sounds, the light on the module was solid after it was "programmed, I think" and all connections were made.  In the instructions it says that means it is programmed.

Why not use the 2nd start wire from the module, I thought that was the whole purpose of the module.

Why would the vehicle not even crank, doesn't sound like a bypass problem to me, also it should run in extended run or turbo mode without the bypass right?  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic