Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dsrtjeeper 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2006 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  
xtremej wrote:

Turn YOUR caps off.

I used to recomend pioneer as in the past I had pleassant expereinces with them. Due to recent design flaws, I have switched to eclipse and no I don't sell them but I am honestWhich HU’s do you prefer for SQ? - Page 2 -- posted image.. I ahve also been experimenting with kenwood so far they have been decent but I won't commit until I have sold and installed more.

Could you elaborate on the Pioneer design flaws? What's your opinion of the Eclipse so far? Any change in sound compared to Pioneer? Thanks!

xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2006 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  
Pioneers have a ground plane noise or simply put they whine. Sometimes you ground the oute shields on the rca and it goes away sometimes you can ground the case on the h.u. and it goes away. Sometimes you can do this and it still is a noticeable noise. I like eclipse but another shop in my area did a buy in so it looks like I am going to have to wait a year before they will split the line in my area. Pioneer used to be on their game but with the recent problem I and many others have lost confidence with them. I would try to get in somewhere and listen several head units and see which one you like.....
dsrtjeeper 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2006 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  

xtremej wrote:
Pioneers have a ground plane noise or simply put they whine. Sometimes you ground the oute shields on the rca and it goes away sometimes you can ground the case on the h.u. and it goes away. Sometimes you can do this and it still is a noticeable noise. I like eclipse but another shop in my area did a buy in so it looks like I am going to have to wait a year before they will split the line in my area. Pioneer used to be on their game but with the recent problem I and many others have lost confidence with them. I would try to get in somewhere and listen several head units and see which one you like.....

Thanks for the help and advice.

xtremej 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2006 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  

Also bring in music that you prefer to listen to sometimes I have folks come in and I only have certain types of music in the shop and they are into gospel.........

dsrtjeeper 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2006 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  
xtremej wrote:

Also bring in music that you prefer to listen to sometimes I have folks come in and I only have certain types of music in the shop and they are into gospel.........

Yep. Used to bringing my own for home audio. Car audio is so hard to judge in those listening rooms though. The peaks and dips in autos can really change the sound. Now to find a decent shop in the Phoenix or Glendale area. I'm sick of these butchers around here. There's got to be someone who can do it right.

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2006 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  
dsrtjeeper 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2006 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  

[QUOTE=DYohn]You could start searching for an installer here:  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/findinstaller.asp?search=yes&City=&state=Arizona&country=United+States&Submit=Search[/QUOTE]

Thanks. It's not too comforting seeing Audio Express on that list. Which HU’s do you prefer for SQ? - Page 2 -- posted image.

vbel 
Copper - Posts: 246
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2006 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
But if you run an external amp, will hu matter in this case?
xtremej 
Posted: November 03, 2006 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  

IMO running an exteranl amp seems to amplify the noise even worse.

killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2006 at 3:26 PM / IP Logged  
pretty much its already been said here but Ill recap and elaborate a bit. Anyone who knows anything about HUs and SQ will tell you eclipse. I have personally used the 8443 and 8445 and love them both. Another not so well known brand is the macintosh decks. VERY expensive but well worth it for the SQ maniac.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic