2001 Ram, Code Alarm CA670

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
abadv8 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2007 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
Hello All,
I would like to first say thank you to everyone for all their assistance in preparing me for the installation of this system. So, Thank You.
Ok, on to the problems:
1) Dome Light supervision... I tied into the dome light on the backside of the headlight switch. I'm really not all that happy with the long delay after I use the remote to lock the doors and the dome light going off. Is there a way to get around the Body Control Module keeping the dome light on after the doors are locked by an aftermarket system?
2) Confirmation Chirps... I got about a month of use out of the system, and now the confirmation chirps do not sound when locking, unlocking, or starting the vehicle by remote. I did test the siren and output to make sure there wasn't a problem with that, and the siren will still sound when the alarm is triggered. I think the lack of chirps has something to do with a chirp delete feature. Does anyone know how I could have turned the chirps off accidentally by remote? I know I didn't do it by entering programming, as that is my next issue.
3 Programming... When I installed the system I went through the programming to set the features I how wanted them. I remember having to ground the negative door trigger wire to enter programming, but the installation required me to use the positive trigger wire for the system to function. This problem also ties into the issue with the dome light, as when I lock the doors by remote the system sees the doors open and prearms instead of just arming. So, does anyone have any tips or tricks for this issue?
Again, I appreciate all your assistance.
Sean
abadv8 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2007 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
I'm not sure I understand the thread system here. How do I post a new thread, containing new questions, so that it doesn't get buried under the old Subject of the old thread?
Any help here would be fantastic.
Sean
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic