icon

06 Toyota 4Runner Remote Start, Windows

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2006 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  
Window mods just aren't needed for the side windows or the back window for that matter. Extra channels off the alarm brain can already do these functions....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
jproc 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2006 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks mike. Should I tap into the wire near thr motor, switch or find them in the kick panel? You wouldn't have colors for these would you?
jproc 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2006 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
Oh yeah, will I burn the motors out? I have my compustar outputs set to negative trigger latch instead of pulse.
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2006 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  

You want your channel outputs to have a negative trigger as long as you hold the button in, which in most cases is the pulse setting.All you need to do is simply tie the channel output directly to the drivers door key cylinder wires. They are blue for lock and up , green for unlock and down. you will find them in the divers door harness in the kick panel. These are the same wires you should have your lock wires connected to for your alarm. The longer you give a negative to the wire the further down the windows will go.

As for the back window, you need two relays. wire them to give 12volts out when you press the channel on the remote. Feed 12volts from them to 1) the BLACK/ blue on the back of the dash switch 2)the 1st ignition wire at the igntion switch. Again, as long as you hold the remote button down the further it will go. For rear window up you need a third relay, powering the up wire on the switch(can't remember the color) and the same igntion wire as down.

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
jproc 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2006 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  

Ok, I cut the accessory from the RS and hooked up 2nd ignition to accessory in the truck. PRESTO! no airbag light! Thanks a bunch. Also I ran into updated compustar remote programming, it's under tech bulletins here... http://www.staub.ca/tech/index.html. Now for the windows....

jproc 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2006 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
ok windows are giving me attitude. I'm applying constant - trigger to the lock wires in the kick panel....no good. tried with key on...no good. extended unlock pule to 2.5 seconds, no good. took apart the door and tried at the motor and swich ... no good.
jproc 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2006 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  
windows don't roll up or down with the key turned in the door, unique to 03+ 4runners?
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2006 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged  

LF Window up/dn

see notes    
Notes: Extended triggers on the door lock/unlock wires will roll the windows up/down. Use validity channels to control.

This is from DEI's website. I have personally tried this and it works....

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
jproc 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2006 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  
No good on my 06 sr5. Toyota's manual doesn't mention windows rolling from outside, except the rear, and I tried it in the drivers door (only door with a keyhole). Thanks a bunch though Mike. Also I used a SPDT relay on my compustar 3000 brain and programmed the aux for latch (continous _ output) and the sunroof. Hit it once and it stops at close, again and it vents. Anyone interested and I'll post the details...
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2006 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah Jproc, I would like to know how you did it, and where were the wires you tapped into for the sunroof.  Also, I was playing around with a 06 4 runner sport today and I couldn't get the doorlock cylinder to move the windows either. Only the back one moved the hatch's window.  I ordered 2 dei 530's to do the other windows, but if anyone else knows any insight to why the key cylinder is not opening and closing the windows that would be great info also.

Thanks

Frank

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic