icon

2006 F150 remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mugpar 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2006 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
I took a factory remote start out of a 2005 f150, and now im putting it in a 2006 f150. The rs already has the bypass with it, just plugs into the box. The way they had it hooked up before was tachless, can i do this again? or do i have to program tach. Plus, there is a violet/red starter (keyside interupt), and a violet starter interrupt (motorside), they had the keyside violet/red cut, and just the violet (motorside wire) hooked up to the starter. Will this work in this applications? Becuase i tried hooking both wires up, and the car would not start with the key. The unit says ford motor company remote start system with keyless entry, code systems. I am not using the keyless entry just the rs.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 09, 2006 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  
I was unaware of a factory remote start on the F series trucks? You learn somethin new every day...
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2006 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  
It's a code alarm unit I belive... And good luck getting any info on it... They probably didnt cut the starter wire and just tapped the output side into the starter wire on the truck... everything should be the same as far as the truck goes... I don't know if your bypass will work.. you can try it but it probably has to be reprogramed to the 2 new keys...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2006 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
Man , that RS is a real POS. The way they design the thing is just rediculous. On top of that, the install guide is the size of a phone book and programming instructions totally confusing....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
mugpar 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2006 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
Two things, any idea where i can get the book?
Second. I have everything hooked up, programmed tach, don't know if it confirmed though, cause the unit has no light on it. What happens is, the lights come up, the dash lights come on, as though it's getting ready to start, but there is no crank, the security light blinks like crazy on top of the dash, but the truck has no disarm wire. Any ideas?
chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2006 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
The bypass module is probally not programed for that truck.
mugpar 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2006 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone have an idea how to reprogram it? I honestly have no idea which bypass it is, it is a black box, with a wire coming out of it, that plugs directly into the rs, the other wire is the loop. It has no brand name or anything.
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2006 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
"Man , that RS is a real POS. The way they design the thing is just rediculous."
I would like to hear a little more on this. I install these systems every day and have yet to find a system I like better.
"the install guide is the size of a phone book"
That's because it tells you wire for wire what to connect for every ford/lincoln/merc. Should they make it more difficult?
"and programming instructions totally confusing...."
I've memorized what options/banks I need and program these units blind can't be that difficult. I've found it to be much easier than some other units. Like anything else the first one you do can be rough.
Also to the original poster you don't need the voilet/red. And the bypass (1L2Z?) should work fine you just have to reprogram it. When it learns tach the park lights flash every 3 seconds. Programming is through the disarm/valet button and the LED, you don't need access to the module at all. Also will PM you give me a call and I will walk you through programming.
Mike
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2006 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  
that a RF ID universal probably.. crack it open and see if there is a key in it.. if not get a XK04 PKFORD bypass form bypasskits.com and follow the destructions or if it has a key in it, then put your spare in and it should work....
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2006 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  
There's no way you can tell me it's easier than any DEI or Avox to install.The design is silly because they force you to hook things up whether you wish to or not. There's no varying from the designed install.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic