icon

CM3000M alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
evois 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2006 at 7:35 AM / IP Logged  
I have the CM3000M laram from compustar to install in my 2006 EVO IX MR.  I see a 12V constant(red) and 12V Constant, prewired relay for 2nd IG, ACC or starter(red and white)- where do I hook it up?  Starter Kill/anti-grind is connected to the relay from the harness(violet) ; the ignition has two wires? green and red where do you hook it up?  parking light(GREEN / WHITE); accessory (white)?; starter (yellow)?; and ground(black).  The relay with the starter kill has the starter wire yellow(to starter?) but it also has a yellow/black wire(?)  thanks!
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2006 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  
evois wrote:
I have the CM3000M laram from compustar to install in my 2006 EVO IX MR.  I see a 12V constant(red) and 12V Constant, prewired relay for 2nd IG, ACC or starter(red and white)- where do I hook it up? Starter Kill/anti-grind is connected to the relay from the harness(violet) ; the ignition has two wires? green and red where do you hook it up? 
They hook up to the main harness.
evois wrote:
parking light(GREEN / WHITE); accessory (white)?; starter (yellow)?; and ground(black).  The relay with the starter kill has the starter wire yellow(to starter?) but it also has a yellow/black wire(?)  thanks!
Parking light hook up to parking light.
Stater kill, yellow to key side, yellow black to motor side.
They hook up to the main harness.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.CM3000M alarm -- posted image.
evois 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2006 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  

Okay, I just downloaded the CM3000 install guide with pin # from this site.  just a few clarification before I proceed.

CN1:yellow black to key side, yellow to engine side(starter)-check

the green(pin 7 powers the ignition?) so it is a (+) output?

what happens to the red from pin 7?

the "green"/white is for positive parking light, what happens to the white wire? 

CN2: why are there two wires for the pin 1 light output-because some have separate parking light circuits?

pin 2- is the one you use for the transponder module?  the module has a 12V input is this where connect it or

brown trigger wire?  PKU-MIT bypass kit?

thanks!  sorry just a newbie in this installs but after finding the guide to install, just need to confirm and double check the wiring diagrams.

thepencil 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2006 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
"2006 EVO IX MR" Never done one of these before, but I am sure I can walk you in the right direction.
CN1:yellow black to key side, yellow to engine side(starter)-check"
Let's refer to them as number on the relays so that you and I don't get confuse. You have to cut the starter wire on the vehicle in half. On the starter kill relay, pin 30 goes to motor side, 87a goes to key side, the (yellow/BLACK / YELLOW) we were talking about.
"the green(pin 7 powers the ignition?) so it is a (+) output?"
Yes, output, connect Green wire to the ignition wire on the vehicle.
"what happens to the red from pin 7?"
Red power the starter kill relays.
" the "green"/white is for positive parking light, what happens to the white wire?"
White is for accessory.
"CN2: why are there two wires for the pin 1 light output-because some have separate parking light circuits?"
On some vehicle it maybe easier to get to negative parking light wire instead of positive parking wire. It just an option to cut down on install time.
"pin 2- is the one you use for the transponder module? the module has a 12V input is this where connect it or
brown trigger wire?"
Don't know what brown trigger unless you have some disception of what it does. 12V in put source you get that at the ignition harness or directly at the battery.
"the 12 volt constant (+) is for the power source of the CPU and the ignition right? How about the 12V constant with the red wire and the white wire? "
The best way for you is getting right from the battery. Make sure to add a fuse.
" just disregard that? the starter kill/anti-grind is okay because it hooks up to the relay. But the ignition wire has a green wire and red wire- whcih goes to the key part, which to the engine of the? the accessory has only one wire? you said the yellow starter wire goes to the key side and the yellow and black to the engine part."
I think I answer that.
" where do I hook up the transponder bypass kit? do I need to make a separate relay for that and where will I connect it? thanks for the advice! :) "
Do you don need a transponder bypass? Can you tell me how you can tell if you need one?
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.CM3000M alarm -- posted image.
evois 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2006 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  
I'll read more this manual and maybe more sensible questions from me.  thanks by the way.  it is a security with remote start on a manual transmission.  interesting-I know for a newbie!
evois 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2006 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
so, based from the instructions, all wiring will be like t-tap on the said wires and no wires are cut except for the starter wire?
thepencil 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2006 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  
evois wrote:
so, based from the instructions, all wiring will be like t-tap on the said wires and no wires are cut except for the starter wire?
Almost, you may want to solder and tape instead of t-tap.
"no wires are cut except for the starter wire?"
Correct.
evois 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2006 at 6:52 AM / IP Logged  
CM3000M alarm -- posted image.   thanks!  I'm almost ready to install it.
evois 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2006 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
where can you find the tach wire in the evo ix 2006?  I tried the instrument cluster (YELLOW /GREEN) to no avail.  the car has only one door trigger, do you have to connect the (+) or (-) or both on the same single door wire?  the 2nd (+) input is only for a second ignition, accessory or starter, do you still have to power that up by connecting it to a constant 12V or can you just disregard that?  Is there a problem with my remote?  I tried to press I or II but there was no response from the car at all.  I replaced the battery and the remote will power up for a few seconds and no response at all.  It shows the clock and battery but nothing else.  yes I used fresh batteries.  help
evois 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2006 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
bump
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic