CM3000M alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  
Conventional flow 101
Only 2 diodes is require! 2 Stripe (cathode) side of the diode goes to the status wire. Output will go to clutch bypass and the other to the transponder.
"the alarm part is working great, it sets off the alarm as soon as I open the door, it triggers the 1st and 2nd stage shock sensor if I knock on the vehicle and also pages me if I use the RPS. Now tackling the remote start is something else. As for the power lock/unlock, I must have used a different wire(+) lock output(blue) PIN#4 instead of (-) lock output PIN#5(blue/black) since it has a (-) polarity. But the install manual says it also doubles as (-) for the (+) and vice versa."
Doorlock is negative, so you have to make the connection using the negative output of the doorlock wire from the alarm unit to the vehicle doorlock wire.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.CM3000M alarm - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image.
evois 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  

Only 2 diodes is require! 2 Stripe (cathode) side of the diode goes to the status wire. Output will go to clutch bypass and the other to the transponder.

[B]  that's what I'm planning to do!  thanks![/B]

Doorlock is negative, so you have to make the connection using the negative output of the doorlock wire from the alarm unit to the vehicle doorlock wire.
[B] I'll change that too!  thanks! {/B]

evois 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2006 at 7:07 AM / IP Logged  

I was able to isolate the clutch wire by trying to start the vehicle and grounding either red or white wire of the clutch switch, it is the red switch!  after getting the power lock properly connected the door automatically locks itself after I press the arm button and also when driving after I press the brake pedal, it automatically locks the door.  however, it cannot unlock the door using the arm/disarm button.  it makes a sound but there is no actual unlock trigger(that's okay I guess!). 

After connecting the isolating diodes as suggested, striped side towards the status out of the alarm unit and unstriped end (1 each) towards 86 of the relay switch with 85 to a 12V source and the other unstriped end towards the transponder /bypass kit which is also powered by a 12V constant.  If I try to autostart the compustar, the ignition turns on but the starter doesn't turn at all.  all accessories is on, heater, radio, etc but the starter doesn't crank at all.  when I press it again, it gives two flashes which is the "key on" fault.  what's the problem?  did I wire the status out wire incorrectly with the diodes?

thepencil 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2006 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
"striped side towards the status out of the alarm unit and unstriped end (1 each) towards 86 of the relay switch with 85 to a 12V source and the other unstriped end towards the transponder /bypass kit which is also powered by a 12V constant. "
Correct and looks good here.
"did I wire the status out wire incorrectly with the diodes?"
NO, you did it correctly. You just miss the reading on the proceduce to putting the car in Rerservation Mode.
You have to get the unit into RESERVATION mode first in order to do a remote starte.
Read the Reservation mode procedure it will tell you how.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.CM3000M alarm - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image.
evois 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2006 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  

I did the reservation mode, in fact I turned off the turbo timer mode just to make sure that I have the reservation mode.  I tried starting the vehicle by RS while inside and I need to press the II key twice in order for the ignition to turn on.  It turns on alright but it doesn't start the engine.  The ignition will turn on for quite sometime before I press the II button again and it switches off.  It doesn't trigger three flashes but two and then another two which indicates "key on" position.  Did I wire the starter wire incorrectly?  I know I double checked but it is all taped up and unless it is the problem I will untape it again. If in fact the transponder wiring are corrrect and the clutch are correct then it is in the starter wiring fault?  (I checked that it is the red wire of the clutch switch because the car started right away after I grounded the red wire.

thepencil 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2006 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  
Tell me what is going on here with your vehicle.
Reservation mode?
Are you able to sucessfully get into reservation mode. Meaning when you release the foot pedal and apply the handbrake. Do you hear a click sound coming from the unit? When you release the handbrake do you hear the click? If you don't hear the click from the alarm unit, it means the car will not stay running when you remove the key from the key cylinder. Continue on, when you remove the key from the key cylinder will the car stay running? Open the door, then close the door, engine will now shut off or stays running?    
evois 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2006 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  
with the engine running, I put it in e-brake and take out the keys, the engine still running.  I open the door, the engine dies and close the door the door locks and arms itself.  If I keep it on turbo timer, the engine runs depsite me closing the door but it arms itself anyway.  when I press the II nothing happens, when I press II the second time, the ignition turns on and whatever accessories were on but will not start by itself.  I press II the 3rd time, the engine shuts-off with light flashing 2x and I press II again with lights flashing 2x meaning "key-on" error?  if I miss any of the steps, the light will flash 7x, meaning reservation mode was off.  So, is it really the starter wire?
thepencil 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2006 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
Try this first before looking into the starter wire.
I think you have the starter wire connected correctly. other wise you would not have been able to start you vehicle with the key.
Get the car into reservation mode.
Press your foot on the clutch pedel. On the remote, press the II button for 5 second (2 second on the manual, I just want to make sure you got this part) the remote starter/alarm will power up and crank.
If it crank, you have clutch bypass issue.
If it still doesn't crank. Now, recheck your starter wire.
doodiehole 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2006 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged  
also check ur Immo ByPass
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic