the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2005 F150 remote start/alarm, any tips?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Scott35 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
Wouldn't you be better off with a bypass that doesn't require a key?
Tacomacrew
buening 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
I cut the steel part off the key for security purposes, but yeah the ones without a key are better (cheaper too for the price of these keys). But my system came as a kit and it had this transponder bypass, so i wasn't gonna blow another $30 or so on a different bypass.
2005 Ford F150 FX4 Supercab
2003 Mustang
1970 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Mustang Fastback
buening 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
I cut the steel part off the key for security purposes, but yeah the ones without a key are better (cheaper too for the price of these keys). But my system came as a kit and it had this transponder bypass, so i wasn't gonna blow another $30 or so on a different bypass.
2005 Ford F150 FX4 Supercab
2003 Mustang
1970 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Mustang Fastback
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  

I find on late model ford trucks that when using the "key" type bypasses the location of the antenna by the ingition switch is critical..to the point where it might work when testing..but if it moves even a tiny bit..it will not allow remote start.

When you find a position of the antenna that works..find a way to really secure it there well and test a few times before putting the shroud back on. Then test again a few times after the shroud is on and after you test drive it a while.

cpugh 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2006 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  

I had/have the same problem with my 06 Ford Explorer door locks.  I just gave up and took the dang alarm/remote start off.  But I really want to hook it back up.  The doors would lock when I get out of the car but no unlock if I wait about 2 hours. It would disarm but not unlock.  I used diodes on everything but nothing has seemed to work.  My next step is to call the dealer and talk with person that installs the alarms on the trucks.  Hopefully they will talk.  LOL

cp
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2006 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  

cpugh...usually when that happens the "GEM" module needs whats called a "wake up", but the odd thing is i do not list your particular vehicle as using that. Make sure you have it wired as such and get back to me if you still have the problem....

Power Lock  gray / YELLOW   -   driver kick or SJB, conn. B, pin 27 

Power Unlock  PURPLE / gray   -   driver kick or SJB, conn. B, pin 26 

Notes: The SJB (Smart Junction Box) is part of the fuse/relay box under the driver side dash.

Page of 5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic