icon

2005 F150 remote start/alarm, any tips?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
buening 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
Gonna start a new thread on my lock issues.
2005 Ford F150 FX4 Supercab
2003 Mustang
1970 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Mustang Fastback
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  

Well the only things I can deduce from this is either you are using the wrong wire for door unlock...it is some kind of bizzare programming or operational issue (you need to really read through the manual a few times if so), or the doorlock output is defective (can happen) .

Chances are if the doorlock output of the brain is defective that you won't even be able to fix this with a relay..if the wire can not trigger the factory relay module..there is no reason it would be able to trigger a standard relay as well. We know you are on the correct wire of the vehicle since you state when you send a negative to it the doors unlock.

So we need to look into the system. If you are 1000% sure you have the right output wire of the brain..and a solid connection to the proper wire of the vehicle..try this... disconnect the unlock wire from the brain and using a meter take a reading when you press the unlock on the remote. either you are going to get a negative reading or not so you know where you stand after that.

buening 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 7:22 AM / IP Logged  
Now i can't get the damn thing to remote start. Lights/siren blinks four times (normal, confirmation) the gauges/dash warning lights turn on and then nothing. Doesn't turn over but everything shuts off. Should i check the PATS bypass loop? What does it sound like is happening?
As far as the unlock goes, i'm testing the wire unhooked from the factory harness and there is no signal coming from the brain. The Scytek tech is trying to get me to use the disarm wire to unlock the system. I'm tired of cutting here and there to temporarily get stuff to work. There's already too many open areas that have been E taped. I'm just hoping it is not installation error cause it isn't covered under warranty then :(
2003 Mustang
1970 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Mustang Fastback
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 8:39 AM / IP Logged  
sounds like a hood pin or the disable switch... what does 4 pk lite flashes mean.. Ifit's the pat system, the red light onthe dash will blink fast.. try putting your key in the ign and rs the truck if it starts then it's your pats setup...    Thedisarm wire will send e (-) down the line to unlock your doors..   is there a wire for your door lock setup that you mabey forgot to ground?.. if you hear the brain clicking when you press unlock, the relays in the brain are fine, they just need a ground input to them...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
buening 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  
Just to let you and others know, i REALLY appreciate the help. It's starting to get frustrating but i'm keeping my patience (required with these, right? LOL). Well the siren/lights blink once when arming the system, blinks 3 times when disarming, and blinks 4 times when remote starting. This is confirmed in the manual and i guess is a way to distinguish what is happening when standing outside the car and no 2way remote. Wow i didn't think about putting the key in, DUH! Hey i guess that is why this forum is here :) Will the disarm wire work like the unlock wire at all times, i.e. when disarming the alarm? I'm tired of carrying around my factory remote also because i can't unlock the doors unless i use the key. I just mainly want to have it unlock the doors when i disarm the vehicle. It'd be nice to have it unlock the doors when i put it into park, but i doubt it'd do that with a disarm wire. From what i can tell from the diagram, there is only one ground wire and it's probably an 18ga wire and i had it on the same bolt as the factory dash harness ground and the unlocks didn't work. I was told to move it to another location cause sharing the same ground can cause problems, so i did and still nothing. I hear relays ticking when the headlights flash but can't hear much for the unlocking. I can't really see any special setting to completely disable the unlock feature. The lock and unlock shares the same connector (has their own separate from rest of harness) so it's weird that the lock wire works but the unlock will not. I tested the unlock output with a test light with the ground of the test light hooked to 12V and nothing happened, so i'm not getting any signal from the module.
2003 Mustang
1970 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Mustang Fastback
Hymer 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah, it sounds like your unlock relay is toast.. I looked at a manual for a 5100 I did see a deal for pass unlock wire in there, its a blue and white pin 7 in the 20 pin harness. Youll need a relay, but that should work as an unlock output for all doors might have to press the unlock button twice... I would do that before using the disarm.. disarm will unlock when you hit the rs automaticly. There really isnt much in the programing as far as lock/unlock features go.. It looks like the unit uses a single ground for all functions and you moved it.. So.... Try that blue and white.. (-) 500 ma
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
buening 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged  
Well Hymer it is definitely the PATS. The red LED blinks when the key is not in the ignition and a remote start is attempted. When i put the key in the ignition it will remote start. Damn, now i have to pull the lower cover off the column and see what happened. I hot-glue'd it in a few spot so it would stay. Guess i'll also check the transponder box and make sure it's connected right.
2003 Mustang
1970 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Mustang Fastback
Hymer 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
I take it you used a universal transponder and probably burried a key.. ya ned to wrap the loop about 5 times and just keep trying to rs the vehicle while ya have it apart, when it finally starts, then ya hotglue it or whatever...usually don't have to much trouble with those types... same goes if ya have one that programs with both keys...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
buening 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah it's the universal type with the ribbon around the key that i buried way up in the dash. What do you mean when you say "wrap the loop 5 times". There is a loop around the key and a loop around the ignition switch, but both are fixed single loops. The one with the key looks like IDE computer ribbon and is fixed to the board on both ends, so i just slid the key in the loop. The other end is just a ring that goes around the ignition, which is what i hot glue gunned to the column.
2003 Mustang
1970 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Mustang Fastback
Hymer 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  
ahh... The ones I use you are able to wrap the loop around the ign barrel, make a coil and a better "antenna" for the signal from the key to the signal for the pats set up... You just have to play with it till it works...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic