planing a center console

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pstanton 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2006 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  
ok here are a few more pictures i have these are when i streched the fleece on
planing a center console - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
what do u think so far. it seems like it going ok for a first time job?
In the back part i fighure i would resin and glass it all in. Then i will cut my doors in after it is finished. That way i will have two doors that i can use to make to coverthat will be the at the some contour as the holes so how does it look so far
wattslok187 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2006 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  

Looks like very good wood work. It looks good and is starting to take shape.

1996 DGGM Impala SS
Cali-SS And ISSCA member # 1680
Alpine 7995, AudioControl EQS, Memphis amps, Crossfire subs, Infinity Highs
pstanton 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2006 at 2:38 AM / IP Logged  
ilost a few pictures of the first coat of resin and after the mat. but here is one with thats its taking shape now planing a center console - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
i had some diffrent views but lost them too. i will post some more tomorrow.
realitycheck 
Silver - Posts: 751
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2006 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  
Mr stanton it looks pretty good. Especially for your first project. Looks like you got the fleece good and tight, thats good. As for the question you had about your resin geling.  The reason it was geling was because your first batch was starting to dry in the bottom while you mixed your second batch. This is what I do on all my glass projects go to walmart, or lowes, home depot. One of those stores they all have small plastic paint buckets, they're like 40 cents a piece or something. I get like three of them, then I mix my first batch, after im done with that bucket, if the resin is starting to harden while im using it or if it runs out or w/e. I just sit that bucket to the side and let it start drying, then start with a fresh bucket, and mix my next batch.  Once your all the way through however many you have your first buckets should be drying. I usually kind of squeeze the bucket a little and the resin should start cracking once its dry enough, it will all pop out then you have a clean fresh bucket to start with again.
Learning the trade one fiberglass creation at a time!
pstanton 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2006 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  
thanks reality that was what i thought but wasnt sure. That was real informative and just a great way to put it. a perfect explination.
pstanton 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2006 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
well here i have got the console smooth so i threw a coat of high build primer on it to see any small imprefections. Then I cut out the two doors for the game cube and the storage compartment. I would like theres doors to hinge open and close so i am working on getting a lip about 3/4" all the way around the doors. there is a description above the pictures
these are the doors i cut out
planing a center console - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.planing a center console - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.planing a center console - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
here are some of the whole console primed                        
planing a center console - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.planing a center console - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
planing a center console - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.planing a center console - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.planing a center console - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
here is where i am working on the lips on the doors
planing a center console - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.planing a center console - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
it coming alone. What do u guys think?
pstanton 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2006 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
well here i have got the console smooth so i threw a coat of high build primer on it to see any small imprefections. Then I cut out the two doors for the game cube and the storage compartment. I would like theres doors to hinge open and close so i am working on getting a lip about 3/4" all the way around the doors. there is a description above the pictures
these are the doors i cut out
here are some of the whole console primed                        
here is where i am working on the lips on the doors
it coming alone. What do u guys think?
memphis9 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2006 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  
Nice job. The console is looking good. Keep us posted on the progress of the console. Keep up the good work.
G-Boys Customz
Northville, MI
realitycheck 
Silver - Posts: 751
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2006 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  
Looks very good stanton I like the build of the doors cool idea.  I thought of something you may have already thought of, but you could line those drawers with felt and it would look awesome.
Learning the trade one fiberglass creation at a time!
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic