icon

1998 Cavalier, alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
black cavy 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  

Hers all the Connects in the other plug,im not to sure on what you mean about the violet stil

but i know the ign 3 well running is the yellow wire as it gives a 4 sec pulse.Please tell me if i need to use a relay still

O the RS is the Autopage RS620

thanks for your help so far

1998 Cavalier, alarm/remote start - Page 3 -- posted image.

master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  

On this connector I do not see a wire that will do the function that the violet wire on the 555L requires. If there are no other harnesses with your system that provide a NEGATIVE OUTPUT DURING CRANK you will need to wire the relay as I last posted.

I will go through what all the other wires are for on harness #H7 and what you don't need to use.

#1...this will prevent the remote start from engaging while the hood is open..a safety feature

#2...this is so after you remote start and enter the vehicle..you turn the key on..step on the brake and the RS shuts down..but the car stays running normal so you can drive off and when the key is turned off the car will shut down normally as well.

#3..this wire needs to be grounded for the remote start to operate. Your particular vehicle does not require a neutral safty switch hookup since the neutral safty on GM is located after the ignition harness. Normally on DEI I just ground that but on this system it mentions a toggle switch so it may have another function as well..read instructions

#4...This is not needed..but it gives the option to remote start or shut down with a momentary button if you desire.

#5...to the tach wire of the vehicle..some units can be programmed to work without it but IMO that is lazy..using it will give more reliable operation at any temperture or voltage condition within reason.

#6...this is only used if your vehicle requires a 3rd ignition to be activated for the vehicle to start..I highly doubt you will need that on a 98 cav.

#7..for domelight supervision/factory rearm..don't need it, it's stupid IMO

#8..for trunk pop (relay needed on GM) if your vehicle has an electric trunk release...optional use

#9..this sends a ground when armed..for a starter cutout or to activate LED scanner etc..optional use.

#10...you probably won't need this unless the sensor is false alarming during RS..this can be used to bypass it (check instructions)

black cavy 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
master5 wrote:

On this connector I do not see a wire that will do the function that the violet wire on the 555L requires. If there are no other harnesses with your system that provide a NEGATIVE OUTPUT DURING CRANK you will need to wire the relay as I last posted.

I will go through what all the other wires are for on harness #H7 and what you don't need to use.

#1...this will prevent the remote start from engaging while the hood is open..a safety feature

#2...this is so after you remote start and enter the vehicle..you turn the key on..step on the brake and the RS shuts down..but the car stays running normal so you can drive off and when the key is turned off the car will shut down normally as well.

#3..this wire needs to be grounded for the remote start to operate. Your particular vehicle does not require a neutral safty switch hookup since the neutral safty on GM is located after the ignition harness. Normally on DEI I just ground that but on this system it mentions a toggle switch so it may have another function as well..read instructions

#4...This is not needed..but it gives the option to remote start or shut down with a momentary button if you desire.

#5...to the tach wire of the vehicle..some units can be programmed to work without it but IMO that is lazy..using it will give more reliable operation at any temperture or voltage condition within reason.

#6...this is only used if your vehicle requires a 3rd ignition to be activated for the vehicle to start..I highly doubt you will need that on a 98 cav.

#7..for domelight supervision/factory rearm..don't need it, it's stupid IMO

#8..for trunk pop (relay needed on GM) if your vehicle has an electric trunk release...optional use

#9..this sends a ground when armed..for a starter cutout or to activate LED scanner etc..optional use.

#10...you probably won't need this unless the sensor is false alarming during RS..this can be used to bypass it (check instructions)

Well thank you for the run down on this

But for this

I do need it,it sends a 4 sec pulse to the bypass module before RS'ing

I do i little more research and found out i need to power that damn Violet wire or the RS won't go.I was told i need a relay and a Diode.

Now if that isit true then i'll follow your advice

and to make things even worse the damn customer back out for tommrow and wants it done Friday.(no i don't have my own shop)so don't worry LOL

but i do have my bronze and silver mecp thow,i still im amazed about alarms.

master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  

Ok  well it that is the case simply connect wire 6 to the violet of the 555L. I am not familiar at all with this system but I believe it will work because ignition wires need to be energized during crank as well and 4 seconds is plenty of time for start.

However...do you also know where to connect the blue/black wire from the 555L?

I think that one too only needs negative during crank but the directions are very vague...I think DEI does this on purpose because they want you to use thier products and the colors match up on those.

Well keep me posted..it's not a hard vehicle really but like I stated earlier I do not have alot of experience with passlock 1 and I do hear bad things about them.

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic