the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

My compustar 2wss remote does not sync

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
attilahooper 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2006 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
Toggle ign five times, parking lights flash twice, but remote does not communicate after installing battery.
This is an install that worked well on the first week, could get 5 blocks reception. Then I started to have an intermittent problem and the door wouldnt unlock unless I hit the remote button a few times. Now its just dead in the water.
Is compustar that bad ? I'm ready to throw it away and tell everyone on every forum I know to avoid them like the plague.
Mind you, it was a unit bought on ebay from a claimed dealer. Evrything was packaged as new and the unit did work, for a while.
attilahooper 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2006 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
if i might add, at one time and another I cycled ign 5 times and after about a 30 seconds it locked the doors.
Something aint right.
attilahooper 
Posted: November 23, 2006 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
I just read what Jeff had to say,
"You have to toggle the ignition ON-OFF 5 times within 3 seconds for programming. Also, make sure that you have the GREEN wire from the CN1 harness attached to the PINK wire at the ignition."
Although neither of the manuals, remote or brain mention 3 seconds, which would be a pretty good feat, I will try. Or send a bill for a new ign cylinder :)
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 23, 2006 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  

The fact that you purchased off line tells ME, anyways, that it's NOT from an authorized dealer. As compustar does Not permit on line sales. Find a dealer in your area or hang tight here on the 12V and you'll get some answers.

Is compustar that bad ? I'm ready to throw it away and tell everyone on every forum I know to avoid them like the plague.

Compustar is one of the higher quality 2way pieces on the market today.

attilahooper 
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 7:31 AM / IP Logged  
I'm not giving up yet, Kartune. I suppose its possible the units sold on ebay are early rev's of the 2wss, which may have the dreaded remote problems. I would still be a little miffed that those units made it into the wild.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  
One of the MAJOR problems with those old ss models is, they took a long time to send and recieve. Then nothing happens and they user pushes the buttons again....nothing happens so one more push. You have just sent that darn thing into a tizzie. Get ahold of Jeff @ Velocity...he's the compustar guru.
attilahooper 
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  
I have seen no reference in the manuals, why would the brain flash my parking lights TWICE after shooting for valet/programming mode ????
attilahooper 
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
OK, so i been diggin' around with it today. I try to enter program mode, cycling ign 5 times in so many seconds. The parking lights flash once and I insert the battery, then about 5 or ten seconds later the parking lights flash twice. The remote never syncs.
pretty disappointing.
bbtaco 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have a one way remote? Does it work?
attilahooper 
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged  
no, just a two way. but you make a good point, i should get a one way to test.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic