icon

My compustar 2wss remote does not sync

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  

Your parking lights will flash 2 times to signify that you are exiting programming mode. The remote may be bad or the antenna may be but either way they don't really sell the ss units anymore they have bad transmitting issues to begin with because of the frequency that they transmit on.

attilahooper 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 7:32 AM / IP Logged  
Thx for taking the time to get back to me.
No more SS units ? awe crab. Yea, I was reading something about the ham radio guys bitchin cause their repeaters were getting hammered with garbage.
attilahooper 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  
Are the new pro units a direct replacement for the old SS units ? do I need a new brain or just a remote ????
Thx in advance.
evois 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
I installed the compustar myself and after trying to program the remote and following the instructions, I thought there was a defect in the two way remote.  the instruction says turn the key from ACC to ON for 5 times within 10 seconds and the parking lights will flash, immediately after that press the button in your two way remote and if the module receives your remote you will in turn see the lights flash ONCE.  the mistake that I did was turn it to OFF to ON 5 times when the instruction says ACC to ON, and it doesn't have to be at 10 seconds for the completion of the 5 turns,  I just did it quickly and followed with the remote afterwards then it was okay.
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
The new brains are going to be different although if you have a cm3000 brain you could downgrade your system to a 2w900fm although it is a step down at least you didn't waste all your money. The replacement parts you'll need are an antenna and a 2w900fmr remote. Try to find a compustar dealer local if not the shop I work at is just e-mail me and we can try to work something out for you. chadwa2003@yahoo.ca
azn_fcuk 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2006 at 6:05 AM / IP Logged  

attilahooper wrote:
Toggle ign five times, parking lights flash twice, but remote does not communicate after installing battery.
This is an install that worked well on the first week, could get 5 blocks reception. Then I started to have an intermittent problem and the door wouldnt unlock unless I hit the remote button a few times. Now its just dead in the water.
Is compustar that bad ? I'm ready to throw it away and tell everyone on every forum I know to avoid them like the plague.
Mind you, it was a unit bought on ebay from a claimed dealer. Evrything was packaged as new and the unit did work, for a while.

Are you saying that after you enter programming mode you then insert the battery??? 

Will it flash once at all after you turn the ignition over five times? or does it just flash twice once you turn it over five times?

attilahooper 
Posted: November 28, 2006 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged  
OK, just tried again, waaaaahhhhhh!!!
cycle ign from acc to on 5 times quickly, pakring lights flash once. insert battery (or press I, did both) nothing happens, about 5 seconds later the parking lights flash twice.
No joy.
evois 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2006 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged  
the battery should be in the remote already when you do the 5 ignition turns, if the parking lights flash once then press the button on your SS remote.  I have the 2w900fmr so I pressed the "I" button.  I do not know what button to press on yours.  as for the alarm unit flashing once means it is working.  did you connect your antenna wires? the RPS wires correctly?
attilahooper 
Posted: November 28, 2006 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged  
thx for the help folks, I'm gonna check all my grounds and connections. I'm not givin' up dammit !
saleen49 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2006 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
 Same thing here, I purchased two 2W900FMR's on Ebay, one for my Taurus and one for my Ranger, did the Taurus install today and the Ranger a month ago, had a difficult time getting either the 2 way and or the one way remote to program, finally after cycling the key on and off 5 times very quickly it took after about a half hour of trying, now it works fine,
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic