icon

Prestige RS 2006 Chrysler 300C

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lsondubz 
Copper - Posts: 193
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  
Had a friend that wants an autostart installed into a 06 300C, I always use Prestige Remote Start systems and I was looking up diagrams and the only thing I cant figure out is that the APS-57 doesnt have any - aux trigger outputs for 2nd start,2nd acc,etc, I am thinking I might have to get another brand of RS because how am I suppose to hook up the relays if I dont have a - 2ndstarter/2nd acc output to trigger them? I have read numerous posts about how much of a PITA these cars are so thats why I want to get everything straight.
mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
these cars are actually pretty easy once you get the hang of them. does the aps-57 have a four pin plug with BLACK/ blue, BLACK / YELLOW,etc..? if it does your all set, but either way you can still do it with the unit you have. you can always use the main starter ouput wire and diode isolate. the second acc. wire you can just use your main acc. wire from your remote starter to trigger the relay you need to use anyway.
Mike Battaglia
Specialized Car Audio
Bensenville IL 60106
soundzplusinc 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  

youre my hero mike ....

lol.. 

master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  

Although you probably don't need one..here is a diagram how do 2nd circuits on any RS that does not provide them. ..I just like making diagrams..lol

rs_circuit.jpg

NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
You wouldn't want to use that diagram because those relays will be active everytime you start/run the vehicle with the key, not to mention throw 12 volts constant to negative circuits. And the 2nd starter portion on a 300C which has a negative 2nd starter would surely fry something.
Mike
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
if you have a BLACK / YELLOW wire (which is pulse while cranking) on a four pin harness on your audiovox, you dont even need to use that extra relay with resistor for the 2nd start wire, just hook up the BLACK / YELLOW directly and it will work. You still need the other relay however for the acc. portion however. nowyaknow is right, dont follow that diagram that master5 posted.
Mike Battaglia
Specialized Car Audio
Bensenville IL 60106
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  

Oops, I stand corrected..I should have looked up the wiring on that vehicle before posting that diagram.

The throws to the relays should have been diode isolated as well to prevent feedback although I don't think a relay simply being active while the key is on per say would have caused damage in itself.

Here is what I got for wiring..I have done a few of the newer chryslers but guess I forgot they have negative circuits at the harness..but I do not remember any being that diffcult overall. I also don't list any 2nd ignition being nessecary to connect. Also see diagram below..if you need anymore help please feel free to ask.

12volts  lt. blue/red (15A)   +   ignition harness 

Starter  pink/dk. green   +   ignition harness 
Second Starter  PURPLE / brown   -   ignition harness 
Notes: The second starter wire is negative trigger thru an 180 ohm resistor. MUST use a relay.
Ignition  pink/white   +   ignition harness        
Accessory  same as second starter wire   -   ignition harness 
Notes: The accessory wire is negative trigger thru a 610 ohm resistor. MUST use a relay

Prestige RS 2006 Chrysler 300C -- posted image.

master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  
also note..if you find your RS unit does not have the negative control outputs (the one in the diagram is for DEI products) you can use the positves from the exisiting acc and start output and put the 86's to a ground during RS output  wire on your RS unit.
lsondubz 
Copper - Posts: 193
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 6:29 AM / IP Logged  
Yes it does have the aux 4 pin plug but I didnt know those would work, For starter it might but it says a pulse during crank, that is a short hit fromt the brain isnt it? Or does it pulse the whole time its cranking? And how safe is it to just use that wire straight the the starter wire in the car? How would that be wired then?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic