icon

'06 Accord won't lock or start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  

Ah..see you need to give ALL the info..I was under the impression that you never did anything with the remote start..ok..that explains the no run problem.

but it probably is not the lock problem since that works constant and you cut an ignition wire.

What I reccomend is to retrace everything you did..make sure nothing is cut or tapped into that is suspect..and double check if you missed any fuses or fuse panals.

If still no locks you can try to disconnect the battery for a few minutes and then reconnect it..sometimes this will reset if it needs it or if theres a 'glitch"..worth a shot anyhow...we all hope you didn't toast the module so want you to exhaust every possibility before hitting the dealer..I hate the dealer...very much.

96hawkcnvt 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
Okay, well I had already disconnected the battery to try to reset things. Seems that it did some good as the lock function was working as soon as I reconnected the battery. So then I finished connecting up & programming the bypass & remote start. The car starts, runs and the remote start works properly (Is a V6, M6 and the software routine works properly to start only when it's left in neutral etc.). Only thing that I seemed to have wired wrong was the clutch bypass relay that I had to put in. I wasn't thinking, and triggered the relay with the start output. I didn't think about the fact that the wire also goes hot with starting via key, thereby defeating the clutch anytime you try to start it. Guess I could protect with a diode, but I think I'll just use a different trigger (like the neg. trigger for the bypass).
So ALMOST everything is working. Remaining issue - arm/lock from factory remote is still not working. It does lock from the remote start remote. Still could be that I fried something in the module. At least I can use the car now, just not as well protected due to the factory alarm not arming.
Thanks all for the help. Sometimes it just helps to get a few heads together. Especially when the guy doing it isn't thinking '06 Accord won't lock or start - Page 2 -- posted image.
Todd
Garth 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  
did you hook up the factory arm /disarm as well as lock/unlock? If so, did you use seperate arm/disarm off the remote start, or did you use just the lock wires. If you used just the lock/unlock wires, did you diode isolate the circuits? Also, did you use a meter to test the lock/unlock wires (I think you mentioned it, but not sure)? Last question which bypass module did you use?
Personally, I use the kits from either bypasskits.com or from Fortin - honda
Easier than trying to dig theough the wires and pull door panels... haven't fried a module in 5 years either...
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  

Perhaps you can arm/disarm the factory security by connecting to the wires I posted. You can use the doorlock outputs of the RS system..put a diode on each wire with the stripe away from the door module. run a wire off the stripe side of each diode to the corresponding doorlock outputs of the RS unit but tap in..you still also want the wires to go to the doorlock wires of the car so they still work.

To check if it works leave a window rolled down..arm it and wait a few minutes. Reach in and open the door from the inside. The horn should honk. Now press unlock on the RS remote and if you are connected right the doors will unlock and the horn will stop honking.

But honestly the factory alarm is not much protection and you still have the key immobilizer and a better system so not really a big deal IMO. But if the locks work now your biggest headache is over.

Oh..I didn't know this was a stick car..are you using a unit designed for a stick? If not you realize the vehicle can start in gear and lurch forward..or drive off..causing catastrophic damage? Be careful.

96hawkcnvt 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
master5 wrote:

Oh..I didn't know this was a stick car..are you using a unit designed for a stick? If not you realize the vehicle can start in gear and lurch forward..or drive off..causing catastrophic damage? Be careful.

Yep, it's designed for it. As I mentioned in my previous post; the software routine works properly to insure that the car is in neutral. But thanks for your concern. Would not be smart to use a remote start for an automatic in a manual car.
I'll try some of your other ideas too. Thanks!
Todd
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  

Good I feel better. I would hate if something happened and I helped..lol

best of luck with it and glad at least most of the problems are solved.

96hawkcnvt 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 1:49 AM / IP Logged  
Well, I went back out to button things up and it wasn't until the last screw was back in and I gave it the final test that all at once the remote lock/arm started working again. Only thing that I did that may have been different was to lock the doors with the key and I notice the LED came on for the security. Tried the factory FOB and it worked. '06 Accord won't lock or start - Page 2 -- posted image.    '06 Accord won't lock or start - Page 2 -- posted image.
Thanks again to everyone for the help.
Todd
snotdobbs 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  
it kinda seems like you have no basic troubleshooting skills
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 2:00 AM / IP Logged  

To his defense hardly anyone who posts questions here does..But thats where we come in..to teach.  What does bother me is I can tell some people are not being 100% honest with things like using a meter...and double checking thier connections and/or fuses..but hey..we all started somewhere.

I remember when I first started I was asked to install a pinswitch and I didn't know what it was. Yeah they laughed at me but it's not like you learn what a pinswitch is in high school...or it's something you hear about while hanging with your friends...someone with experience has to teach you.

mjwood0 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 6:25 AM / IP Logged  
@snotdobbs -- I kinda think you have no basic tact skills. The guy admitted to having a problem that he "might" have caused by himself. He was willing to take responsibility for his actions -- which in my mind puts hims head and shoulders above many of the people I deal with on a regular day.
Put it this way. It took me almost a week and a half working on my alarm system / remote start before everything worked okay. Granted, the car was never not drivable but it just takes time to learn. My first install isn't the best work, but it's all safe and fused and works fine. Next time, I'll be done in half that time with a much neater / cleaner install. It just takes some learning.
To the Original Poster -- Glad to hear you have it all working! Enjoy that remote start. They are great as winter approaches!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic