icon

Dome light Diode

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
suburban boy 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
Hey iam new here and ive been reading about the dioide on the dome light in GM trucks, i have a viper 791 w/remote start installed in my car and i tired putting a dioide on the dome like wire but that cut all the signals so even when a door was open it didnt show. Anyone show me or explain specifically how its done, Thanks
Suburban boy
redpeppers 
Silver - Posts: 483
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 12:55 AM / IP Logged  
dude what are you talking about.....please explain in detail what you are trying to do
Where theres is a wire there's a way.
suburban boy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 1:53 AM / IP Logged  
okay when you install the alarm door tirger, i hooked it up to the dome light supervision wire, so when the dome light turns on (door open) the alarm is tigered however on the chevy's the dome liek stays on a few seconds after teh door is closed which also tigers the alarm is there a way to prevent this? Thanks
Suburban boy
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 3:29 AM / IP Logged  

Yes there is....and it does not require a diode. All a diode will do is prevent the brain from seeing the door trigger at all which is what happened when you tried to use one.

look at the programming features chart in the manual. program the door sensor bypass chirp to "off"and this will wait for a length of time and ignore the signal from the door trigger when using domelight supervision for a door trigger on the vipers. I usually do it this way to save time and it works no problem.

Now what I don't understand is when you state it caused the alarm to trigger. regardless the dei's are designed so that if it picks up a door open when you arm it gives a second "chirp" to signify an open entry point on the doors and once the trigger signal goes away it should arm as normal and protect the doors.

You will find the feature in menu 2..advanced programming. It is easier with a bitwriter if you vs. programming manually however it gives clear directions. You just need to read it a few times because it might seem confusing at first if you have never done it before.

mjwood0 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 6:14 AM / IP Logged  
I just did exactly what master5 recommends. It works great. The menus are a pain but I think the sequenece is this:
1. Open Door and leave open
2. Turn key to RUN position and back to OFF
3. Press and hold the Valet Button until the correct menu chirps / blinks on the status LED. In this case, hold till there are 2 chirps for menu 2.
4. Determine which feature you wan to program. Press the valet button the number of times as the feature you want.
5. Press and hold the valet button one last time.
6. While holding the valet button, using your remote press the unlock button to select the item in the right column of the install manual or the lock button to select the item in the left side of the install menu. In this case, I believe you want to press the unlock button.
7. Release the valet button.
To exit programming mode, turn the key back to run and then off again. You will hear a loud siren alerting you that you exited programming mode.
It's a little weird the first couple of times, but it gets easier with practice.
Hope this helps!
mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
if the valet switch program is too hard get a bitwriter online
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  

yeah, I much prefer using the bitwriter even though it needs to be updated all the time. But, for a DIY'er it is probably a waste of money if they don't do alot of DEI installs.

Once you get the hang of doing it manually it becomes so natural that it doesn't really take much time at all. As well if you need to change the programming in the future it is at times easier to do it through the switch and remote then locating the brain to plug the bitwriter in.

suburban boy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
thanks guys iam going to order a bitwriter cause it seems much easier plus ill be able to program other features,
Suburban boy
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  

Cool

suburban boy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 1:21 AM / IP Logged  

hey guys now i got another problem, the battery keeps on dying on me....anyone have similar problems, i checked and rechecked all the wiring seems to be good but i unplugged the viper no battery drain......

Suburban boy
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic