icon

Dome light Diode

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 2:33 AM / IP Logged  

Ok you need to do whats called a current draw test. You must connect a DMM in series with any power wires in question..as well as any relays to check the draw. See diagram...

current_draw_test.jpg

Now a normal draw will be 7 to 10 millamps for the entire vehicle when parked , doors shut and key off...up to 20 millamps is acceptable. Any more then that could definatly kill a standard battery overnight. If a relay is miswired and the coil is energized while the vehicle is parked..it is about 150ma..that is a problem. Once you find the wire, circuit or relay that is drawing the excessive current..post back if you can't figure out why and we will help. There are way to many variables for anyone to "guess"correctly what is causing this.

master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 2:42 AM / IP Logged  

And just to note it is NOT normal for a security or remote start system to kill a battery. If this has happened to anyone else it could be many things..including a defective brain..which I have seen before but it is not very common.

If systems normally killed batteries there would be millions of vehicles dead every morning. A system designed to be installed into a vehicle surely takes into account the current draw.

More often then not I find relays that are wired wrong causing dead batteries..but things like miswiring can also cause lights to stay on..another popular method for killing the battery.

suburban boy 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  

Well guys i found the problem its a relay that i installed to turn on my aux lights with the remote,that current test works wonders.......Thanks for all the helpDome light Diode - Page 2 -- posted image.

Suburban boy
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
Glad to help..
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic