Viper 5900, 06 Explorer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
angelars 
Copper - Posts: 176
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2006 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
ainami wrote:
I don't understand what you mean with "Not Gray or Puple". What wires of those and where are they located.
Look under your hood. Go to any ignition coil or fuel injector and look at the wires. Any wire that is NOT gray or purple is good to use.
[quote]Does this mean that I can hook it to +12V DC. [/quote]
Most times this will mess up the way your remote start will run. Always use the tach wire instead, that's what it's for.
Go here and under 'Wiring Diagrams' look up your car. It will have more information for you there Viper 5900, 06 Explorer - Page 2 -- posted image.
StealthEs 
Copper - Posts: 326
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2006 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
 Dont hook up the tach wire to 12. What they mean by the 12volt is you can set it to do voltage sense rather than tach. In order to do this you just have to program the unit for voltage sense.  Not the best thing to do., most will have starting problems in very cold weather.
Cris
ainami 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2006 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks guys,

I won't connect the tach wire to 12V.

I will look for wire by the engine.
I will try to connect all this in the weekend. I think I have all the info to finish this, except for th foglights wire.
I found one at the lightswitch. But this work with the ignition and parklights. Would be nice if I can find the foglight wire that feeds the lights itself.

angelars 
Copper - Posts: 176
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2006 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
There's probably a relay going to the fog lights.
mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
for tach look at the injector wires use one of the odd color ones. there are two wires one will be common in all injectors and one ont be use the one that is not the same. program the tach then.
ainami 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  

mobilecustom,

I don't understand. Which wire should I use??

mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
if you look at injector connector thewre are two wires. there should be like 6 connectors each of the six will have one color in common in all six. there will be another wire that has a different color. tap into one of those.
for example-- NOT THE REAL COLORS IN YOUR CAR- FOR EXAMPLE ONLY!!!
injector 1- red and yellow-- tap into yellow
injector 2- red and blue-- tap into blue
injector 3- red and green-- tap into green
ainami 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks Mobilecusom,

I'll try that in the weekend.

Anyone with any tips are very welcom.

ainami 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2006 at 5:28 AM / IP Logged  

Last night I r/s my car and my 5900 acted up. It wasprogrammed for tach and it always worked fine untill last night. The starter cranked for about 1.5 sec and then it stopped. Did that for I don't know how many times. I thought that the car was started, but when I went to the car it still tried to start the car for 2 more times. I don't know how many times it tried before that. It sounds like the car started and stopped and the starter kept grindind for 1 sec. Looks like the brain is prorammed for no tach/voltage check or voltage check only and the starter programmed for 1.5 sec. But it sounds like the engine ran and than stopped, so I gues it was programmed for voltage. But that means that it had programmed itself. That's weird. Anyone have idea what happened. Anyway, I disconnect the r/s system by unplugging the main fuse and will get back to it today after work. Is there a way to reset the brain. I want to reset the brain before reprogramming it all again.

Oh, this is on a Explorer 06.

Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 20, 2006 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  

Oh, BTW, even if you hadn't said that this is on a Explorer 06 I still would have guessed Ford.

First of all, 5900 can't reprogram itself and secondly, if it fails to start on the first attempt then it will retry for up to three attempts total.

The system has a self diagnosing feature which is explained near the back of the install manual. Let it try to start, don't intervene in any manner then use the self diagnosis to see why it failed.

It'll probably be tach related.

Aside from the fact that you said that it grinded for about a second, does your Ford have OEM anti-grind feature - test by holding the key to crank and listen if starter drags. If it doesn't drag than you have OEM anti-grind. Program 5900 for "Voltage Sense" + "Voltage Sense High" + "4 second crank". Only do this if it has OEM anti-grind!

Keep us in the loop.

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic