icon

Viper 5900, 06 Explorer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
splaudio 
Copper - Posts: 237
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2006 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
with that truck u HAVE to run ur power right off the battery. i did one a few weeks back...
ainami 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2006 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  

Big Dog,

I just checked if the car has oem anti-grind, yes it has.
I turn the key to start after the engine runs, and the starter didn't drag. What happened is that the illumination in my custer instrument and dash all went out when I turned the key. I don't know if that's normal. But the starter didn't grind.

After that one night, I left the r/s disconnected untill the next evening and reprogrammed the system. Everything works good so for. I like the tach, because it stops the starter as soon as it detects tach from the ignition coil. So, I will leave it untill it acts up again.

But why would you use voltage sense with factory oem anti-grind. And why 4 sec crank time. Doesn't that put wear on the starter?

Wy did the starter grind if the car has oem anti-grind and the r/s was set for tach. It wasn't that cold either that night. About 45º. Also I did not know for how long the r/s tried to start the engine. It took me maybe about 3 min before I got to the car and then it tried for another 2 times. Sound very weird to me.

Thanks for your reply.

Splaudio,

yes they ran the power right off the battery. At least the did something right.Viper 5900, 06 Explorer - Page 3 -- posted image.
I don't know if you read all of this post.
But I had this installed.
Only thing I did myself was the tach wire, the hoodpin, wired the mud light (side mirror) and fog light to light when car is r/started

splaudio 
Copper - Posts: 237
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2006 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  
ok ur up and running now,good. i never checked for oem anti grind, never do. i didnt know that suv had it though...
ainami 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2006 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  

Allright, my tach never work well. It had been buggy since it was connected.

I used the white wire at the ignition coil. Worked fine for a couple of days and then it started to act up.
I have to tach learn the system like every two days. Then it won't recognize the tach again. And sometimes the starter grinds cuz it doesn't read any tach.
I think i will switch to voltage sense.
My question is. Can I leave the wire and use the white wire at the ignition coil. Or do I have to connect to a constant 12V.
I know that the tach at the ignition coil is AC and it reads about 3V.
But when I switch my meter to DC the same tach reads 14 Volts. So what current is the ignition coil and can I use that for voltage sensing.

Thanks in advance

profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2006 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
if you have problem w/ finding or using tach-sense, then just use volt-sense and its corrective crank timing.
gl and post your result.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
ainami 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2006 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  

Profuse007, thanx for ur quick response.

The tach-wire is run and connected. But the r/s doesn't  read the tach-sense that well.
I want to do voltage-sense. My question is:
Do I have to rewire the tachwire or can I leave it connected to the ignition coil?

Thanx

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic