icon

2003 Mazda 6 Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tvic 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2006 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  

Has anyone had any success with a remote start for a Mazda 6, 2003? 

I've currenlty had an Astroflex (don't recall exact model) and found it to only work consistently from the side of vehicle and from the blind spot, to about 50feet!   More on the exact model of the Astroflex, is that it was a 5 button, and did provide feedback on the vehicle running.

It was installed by a Mazda dealer, so  I doubt it was install error, and the receiver was mounted next to the rear view mirror.  More info, is that it did work at about 1000 feet from the front.

Being that performance on remote starts is up to debate (i.e. as the 2000 feet spec doesn't hold unless perfect conditions), I'd hate to try another, and find similar results, only to be shafted by the intaller.

Any words of wisdom?

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 05, 2006 at 8:42 AM / IP Logged  

The batteries in the trasmitter? I'm an astro guy....I have NEVER had this issue, other than a low battery condition, or some heavy metal window tint.

Is there a fine wire stuck to the window with the reciever? looks like a copper wire in a peel and stick kinda plastic.

OhioMike1101 
Silver - Posts: 343
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2006 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  
I have done a few mazda 6 with no probs at all. May have a pinched antenna wire or faulty antenna.
It was installed by the dealer so you are sure the install is not the problem... LOL I love that one.
South Side Audio
2501 S. High St
Columbus, OH 43207
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 05, 2006 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  
OhioMike....how true, I have NEVER seen a dealer do a proper install....They are always lookin for short cuts cause of the whole "flat rate" set up.
splaudio 
Copper - Posts: 237
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2006 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
car dealers way over charge and hurry threw there installs, a big no no taking it there...
kustomkingsiny 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2006 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
dont be knocking on the car dealerships doing remote starts and alarms.i install checkmate alarmsand i happen to be a silver level installer...i do 10 brands of cars a day and i sure as hell dont take the short cut i throw up to the fact of seeing scotch locks and t taps....i do straight wire to wire and solder ....but anyway dats besides the point i juss had to stick up for the car dealerships.....anyway i must say i did install one astroflex ...and im not too fond of the range it had guess u could be having the same problem
KustomKing Of Staten Island
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2006 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  
"car dealers way over charge"
This seems to be the general consensus about car dealers. What most people don't know is that it's because dealers usually don't do the installs. In most cases they call in a 3rd party shop to come in and do the install. Of course they have to mark up the price because they have to make money, and usually they give it a better warranty as well. Rims, grills, bed liners and covers, tint, mudflaps, cruise controls, navigation, backup sensors, body work, pin striping, accesories, you name it.. I couldn't believe how many different things people go to the dealers for only to have them outsource the work.
As for the topic, your right you normally won't get the listed range unless the conditions are perfect. If your getting 1000ft from the front, and only 50 ft from the side, that definately could be normal just try moving the antenna.
Mike

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic