icon

1994 Toyota Pickup VSS Wire, Audiovox Cruise Control

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sgt york 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2007 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  

I guess so because mine does not have it at the ECM. I removed the wiring harness and striped it back about 2 feet and there is not a GREEN/ Blue wire. No big deal as I got it working using the tach wire.

airandsound wrote:
I better recall the 100 or so Toyota PU's we installed cruise on.
Aparently that set speed they have been holding for 13 years really isn't so,,,,
It has a VSS. GREEN/ Blue wire at ECM

sgt york 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2007 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  

Well I ran into another thing that you might like to know. I bought a SR5 speedo cluster (Cluster with gages and tach) from a 94 4runner to replace the standard speedo on my 1994 pickup. On all the toyota web sites a LOT of people claimed to change them out on 93 through 94 with no modifacation except to change out the oil presser sending unit. The idiot light sender will burn out the oil gage. So I put the new cluster and the tach did not work. Had to run a wire from the coil (same place I did for the cruise control) to get it to work. Still can not find the vss with at the emc and now no wire for the tach. Everthing look factory and untouched but for some reason mines different.

airandsound wrote:
I better recall the 100 or so Toyota PU's we installed cruise on.
Aparently that set speed they have been holding for 13 years really isn't so,,,,
It has a VSS. GREEN/ Blue wire at ECM

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic