icon

pioneer deh 245 wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
robert jackson 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2006 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  
Got a pioneer deh 245 hi power supertuner 35x4 do not have harness for it need to know what prongs in the back are for what or any good ideas to work around not having the harness for it.
advanced_audio 
Copper - Posts: 170
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2006 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  
you could try circuit city. When I used to work there we used quick connect harnesses from metra for the installs and we left the harness that came in the box in the cabinets. If you asked nicely maybe they would give you one. Just a thought.
robert jackson 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2006 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  
Anybody know any other ways to determine what colors go to what promgs on the unit without the harness
kicker guy 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2006 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  

are you trying to run the wires strait to the prongs? I would try advanced's idea and try to get one from them... or even ask anyone if they have an extra harness....

spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2006 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah, circuit should have one, or they might (or any other shop for that matter) have one lying around that you could easily pick up for free or close to it. You can always find it on ebay too. Just the other day I had a typo on there and found a 13 year old jar of mayo selling for $7+ shipping, LOL. There should be a pinout diagram on the underside of the radio showing which pins are what if you have to solder on to em
rtfm
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 13, 2006 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
I agree with the others- do it right and get a harness. In order to figure out the pins without a schematic/pinout handy, you'd have to disassemble the unit, and have a good understanding of how it works (which I don't), along with the right test equipment. Even then, if you got the unit to power up, it'd still be trial-and-error to get the speakers right.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
robert jackson 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2006 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks to all who are trying to help me. Unfortunately, I live in the middle of nowhere, it's called French Lick, In. one hour and a half any direction to a city.
Will make some calls. Any other ideas still appreciated.
           Thanks again, Robert
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 13, 2006 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  
You should be able to order a harness from Pacific Coast Parts delivered to your doorstep. It may be more expensive than going through Metra, but it's sure convenient. Check it out: https://www.pacparts.com/.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
robert jackson 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2006 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
At pacparts For forty bucks and shipping it should be handy. Couldnt even find it at metra. This unit was given to me it works or did when removed. But i dont want to have to pay forty bucks to find out it dont.
The conector at the back of this pioneer deh 245 is rectangular
with 12 pins two rows of 6 on top of each other the catch clip would be at the top when looking at the unit from the rear. any other ideas folks out there?
Robert
advanced_audio 
Copper - Posts: 170
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2006 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
Try ebay, I found a listing on there for your radio for $5.99 + 3.89 shipping for that harness. You could also try and email pioneer and ask them for a digram.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic