icon

Viper 791xv, options, siren

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jayno20 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 12:57 AM / IP Logged  
I am new here, so before i get started with the questions i'd just like to say HI! :)
First off the installers seem to have done a real nice job, everything looks to be in order... i have a few questions about it though... number one when i lock the car, is there anyway to make the alarm chirp twice like it does when i unlock it? (i like the double chirp sound for both lock and unlock if possible) Secondly i also wanted to know how to get the doors to lock when the car is started, and unlock when its turned off... Thanks!
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 1:03 AM / IP Logged  

not sure if you can get it to double chirp on lock, I doubt it, and for the programming question I can't answer it off by heart, but yes you can do that

you want ignition controlled locking and unlocking right

suburban boy 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 4:23 AM / IP Logged  

you can get the double chrip but i beleive you'll need a bitwritter to do so....

Suburban boy
jayno20 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 6:18 AM / IP Logged  
thats fine, so if i take it back to the place i had it installed they can make it double chirp? and yes i want ignition controlled locking and unlocking... how would i go about doing that? and how would it work with remote start?
bryantobando 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  
You could program the ignition locking by yourself with the programming button by following the steps in the manual. If you have a bitwriter you could do it with it too..
mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  
the 791 with ignition locks on does not lock the doors when remote starting the car.
mobilecustoms 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  
you can hook the factory disarm wires to it if you want to they are neg outputs either wire direct or use relays to convert polarity
jayno20 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged  
i looked in the manual it doesnt say how to get ignition controlled locks.. can anyone tell me how to do it? and also are you guys certain bitwritter can change the chirps? i dont want to go back into this place and look like an idiot... i like to know for sure what im talking about first :)
mobilecustoms 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
its in the first bank of programming features page 44 of install guide.
jayno20 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
ok i see it now... but i dont understand how to get to the door locks menu... it is 1-3/1-4, but after i open the door/turn the igition to on/etc. it wants me to push the valet button the number of times for the option i want... how do i do it? someone please walk me thru this im kinda new to all of it.. i hate to sound like an idiot but im not sure how to get into that menu
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic