icon

Viper 791xv, options, siren

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jayno20 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  
he said its hooked up to the door switches..
mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
is one door open? do you have a dmm to check to see if all is operating right? will the installer reprogram it and see what happens?
jayno20 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2006 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
it only seems to happen every now and then.. it hasnt happened the last few times...
jayno20 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2006 at 1:48 AM / IP Logged  
ok i've tried to get it to do it again, but it hasnt done it so maybe it was just a hiccup..?
anyway took it to the installer and they said it isnt possible for them to make it chirp twice at arm instead of once. kind of disappointing... i was looking at the whole dome light ignition thing, what does that do exactly? it sounds like maybe it keeps the dome light on for a certain amount of time or something? can someone explain that to me..?
jayno20 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2006 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
I read on the siren box that you can make the arm/disarm chirp louder by cutting the black wire on the siren.., but is it the only black wire there? i dont want to cut the wrong one and have to resplice... and also, it says to cut the wire as close to the siren as u can, but what if i wanted to reconnect it at some point? would it be ok to leave enough there to splice it back together if i had to?
nsgguy 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2006 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
you can leave the wire long if you want. just cutting the wire at all makes the siren louder.
Thank you all
jayno20 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2006 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged  
ok that worked, its louder and i can actually hear it now.. thanks!
jayno20 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2006 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  
ok i figured out what the deal is.. the installer said he used the door pins, but the car says the door is open if i try to arm it before the interior lights go out, but if i wait for the lights to go out then arm it, it always works... anyway to fix that? its not a real big deal, but if its an easy fix why not?
jayno20 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2006 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
i noticed my installer made the siren face up.. i thought they were always supposed to face down to keep water out? is it going to cause a problem or am i ok?
jayno20 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2006 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  
i just had the 791xv installed and i am finding the range to be a little less than what i need, i read on here that all i need from the 5900 for the extended range is the remote/antenna/brain and that all the wiring for my current 791xv will plug into the new brain etc. Now first off is that absolutely true? i dont want to buy this and find out that it wont work... and also is it worth it?
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic