icon

07 honda accord, alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ihkili18 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2006 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  

Hey everyone i am installing a aps997 in a 07 accord. although i am mechanically inclined i have never installed a remote start or alarm in a car but i have installed amps and speakers. i just cant bring myself to pay 500 dollars for a alarm installed when i could buy it on ebay for 120 and install it myself so if people could help out a first timer like myself i would greatly appreciate it. I have the wiring diagram and it doesn't look terrible considering i can use a multimeter and i know how to disassemble things. I have a few questions:

1) I know that i will be using a few relays during the installation. They all need a 12+ source. If i connect them all to one wire even if the wire is fused for the load  i would have to strip a lot of insulation from the wire weakening it. I was thinkin of running one fresh wire from the battery and just stripping away at that rather than abusing my facctory wiring. so how do you guys handle this?

2) How do i integrate the 556u bypass into the install, is there a dedicated outlet on the alarm brain that the bypass just plugs into or do i have to connect it to a output wire on the alarm that will send it a signal when you attempt to remote start?

3) how do i hook up the door wires on this alarm? i see on the wiring diagrams that there are lock and unlock wires with differen colors both being negative.

4)there are a few wires that relock the doors after the remote start starts the car and after it shuts it down. these are 300 ma. does it need a relat and do i connect these two to the lock wire on the vehicle and do they need relays?

thanx so much and i am still confused as even though i have the wiring diagram im still not sure which of the audiovox  wires go to which honda wire.any help would be appreciated and thanx again

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2006 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  

The battery wire off the igntion switch will do just fine for power. Removing the insulation will have zero effect on the wire. A good way to do it is tap into the wire with just one of the thicker guage battery wires and then tap off that for all other needs.

The 556u will connect to the RS through the blue wire. Simply connect this wire to the light blue statis wire on the RS. This will activate the 556U whenever the RS is used.

At the top of the fuse box in the back is a green 5 pin plug. Use the GREEN/ red in that plug for door trigger. Connect it to the brown wire on the alarm and it will cover all 4 doors.

You do not need any relays for the lock wires. The wires you are tapping into are just triggers for the factory relays.

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
ihkili18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2006 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
thanx so much for the quick reply i really appreciate it im looking over alll the instructions now so i might have more questions hope not though
advanced 
Copper - Posts: 207
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2006 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  
The Audiovox Prestige is a great choice. Prestige is all I use. Take your time & test every wire w/your multimeter first. Don't connect into anything if you are not absolutely sure. Come back & ask questions if you must.
Good Enough Isn't!
ihkili18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2006 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  

hi again i am looking at these three wires in the owners manual and i am not sure exactly where to connect them to. if i am correct the BLACK/ blue wire goes to the honda factory disarm wire. does the BLACK/ green connect to the factory rearm or does it connect to the factory lock wire?does the BLACK/ red connect to the rearm  honda wire?

hope someone can help and thanx so much in advance

Black w Blue Trace Wire: Pulsed Ground Output Before Start

The Black w/ Blue Trace wire will provide a 1 second 300 mA pulsed ground output 1.5 second before the

remote start unit activates as well as when the transmitter is used to disarm the system. Typical use for

this output would be to disarm a factory theft deterrent system to prevent false triggering of the factory alarm

when the remote start unit engages or when the system is used to unlock the doors.

NOTE: This output can be selected to operate like the door lock output as set in alarm feature setting #1 by

selecting feature #7 on.

Black w/ Light Green Trace Wire: Pulsed Ground Output After Start

The Black w/ Light Green Trace wire will provide a 1 second 300mA pulsed ground output after the vehicle

is started under control of the remote start unit. Typically this wire will be used to re-lock the vehicle doors

if the doors unlock automatically when the factory anti-theft system is disarmed. This wire will also activate

when the transmitter is used to alm/lock the system.

Black w/ Red Trace Wire: Pulsed Ground Output After Shutdown

The Black w/ Red Trace wire will provide a 1 second 300 mA pulsed ground output after the remote start unit

shuts down. This output will occur regardless of whether the circuit times out or is manually terminated.

Typically this output will be used to re-lock the vehicle doors if the doors unlock automatically when the

ignition circuit transitions to off.

ihkili18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2006 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
I'm also so confused as to what to do with the door lock wires. the o7 honda has lock motor and unlock motor wires and also power lock and power unlock wires thats 4 wires. alarm has three unlock and lock wires and it is really confusing me. im sure you guys that have done this before think these questions are stupid but i have never installed security devices only car audio so this is a first. hope you guys can help and thank you so much
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2006 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  

OK, you won't need to use motor wires for any reason unless you plan on connecting a 2 stage unlock. To just control the locks, use the lock and unlock wires only. Here's the difference, There are factory relays that control the door lock motors. the motor lges are the wires between the motors and the relays. the lock and unlock wires are inbetween the relays and the switch.

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2006 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
You do NOT connect to the "motor wires". Connect to the wires listed as Lock and Unlock
ihkili18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2006 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  
thanx so much for the help id love to say i wont need it anymore but i prob will encounter more diffucuties anyways thanx so much
ihkili18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2006 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  

do you guys know if this comes with a starter  kill relay or do i have to buy it. i prob will need some relays aanyways cause i want to wire it to open the trunk. so basically what else do i need in addition to whats in the box already?thanx

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic