icon

07 honda accord, alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2006 at 7:40 AM / IP Logged  

I think that comes with a starter kill. Is there a relay in the box with orange, black, WHITE/ black, and red wires? That's it.

You need one relay for trunk release and that should be it unless you want two step unlock(which would require another relay).

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
ihkili18 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2006 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  

ok so i dont need relays  for the horn honk feature, and parking light flash it says the alarm only provides 200ma so i wasnt sure. do i need any diodes because i see them mentioned but i never really understood what they are and how to use them. i know they are used for the door locks.  thanx again for all the help

advanced 
Copper - Posts: 207
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
It definetely comes with a relay. Did you not get thae unit yet? And is new or used? $120 is a great price if it's new.
But yes, it's always good to have some relays in stock. You may need one for the trunk release, I'm not sure in that car.
Diodes carry the signal one-way only. That is their purpose. It's like a one-way valve. You don't need any for door locks, but you need them for the door pin switch wires (to "diode isolate" them)
Good Enough Isn't!
ihkili18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  

Ok i looked at the honda accord diagram and it says the door trigger is a GREEN/ red wire and is negative polarity. The purple door trigger wire on the audiovox aps997 is a wire that should be connected to a wire that shows 12 volts when the door is opened. what should i do thanx also i did not get the alram yet its in the mail but i am trying to plan everything out in advance.

ihkili18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2006 at 8:23 AM / IP Logged  
Hey do any of you guys who have installed alarm,remote starts on the new honda accords know if diodes are needed during the install and where. i dont think the door trigger needs it on this car but i may be wrong.thanx
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2006 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  
"i dont think the door trigger needs it on this car but i may be wrong.thanx "
You are right on your assumption. Not needed for door trigger.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.07 honda accord, alarm/remote start - Page 2 -- posted image.
advanced 
Copper - Posts: 207
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2006 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
The APS 997 has a brown wire for negative door trigger. You need to use that. You don't use the purple @ all. Where did you get the Honda wiring diagram, so I know what you are looking at?
Good Enough Isn't!
ihkili18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2006 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
hey thanx for the reply. i downloaded it off this site. its in the vehicle diagrams section
ihkili18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2006 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
thanx
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2006 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  
There are 4 seperate door triggers, so you will need 4 diodes:
HONDA, ACCORD, 2006, Door Trigger
The LF door is green in a lt. green 16 pin plug, pin 15. The RF door is lt. GREEN/ red in a lt. green 14 pin plug, pin 12. The LR door is GREEN/ YELLOW in a lt. green 16 pin plug, pin 14. The RR door is GREEN / WHITE in a lt. green 14 pin plug, pin 13. Use all four wires and diode isolate each.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic