Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2006 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
why cant i just do the drivers door?
ihkili18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2006 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
also do i need diodes on that negative door trigger wire and do i need to do all the doors or just the driver door?
advanced 
Copper - Posts: 207
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2006 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
Usually, you need to tie into all the doors if you want to protect all the doors. With one door wire, you don't need a diode, but with more than one wire you will need to diode isolate each one.
I've never done a 2007, but according to the wiring diagram on this site, you need to tap into only one wire, the GREEN/ red in the green connector behind fusepanel. So you don't need any diodes in your case.   
Good Enough Isn't!
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2006 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
ihkili18 wrote:
why cant i just do the drivers door?
What if someone breaks in the passenger door? You do want the alarm to go off then, don't you?
The GREEN/ red wire listed on this site should catch all the doors. I believe it leads directly to the domelight. It will probably also read the domelight delay. I prefer to use the true door triggers, but the domelight wire will probably work just fine for you.
ihkili18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 2:44 AM / IP Logged  
thanx so when my alarm comes i think im just gonna use that wire.thanx again for the help
ihkili18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 2:55 AM / IP Logged  

On the 2007 accord wiring diagram posted on this site it says that the factory arm and factory disarm wires are in the "switch controller" in the drivers door. Does that mean I have to take off the door panel to do it or can  anyone tell me where the point the wire enters the car  or if i could just tap into the wire underneath the rubber protector cause i dont really want to take the door panel off. the 2003 and up accords are basically the same so im sure some of you guys have done this before.thanx in advance

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 6:25 AM / IP Logged  
The reason they tell you to go into the door is because the wire doesn't exist outside of the door. The wires you need run between the door key cylinder and the door control module(switch).
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
ihkili18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 6:44 AM / IP Logged  

Thanx mike, so do you think removing the intital door panel will allow me access to the wire in question? Or do I have to remove additional panels after I take that off. Thanx

mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
once you pull the door panel they should both be at the door switches..........to test put the key in the door cylinder and lock and unlock w/ key to verify.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
You might want to look into getting a HODL2 to control the doorlocks, factory alarm, hood pin, door trigger and trunk release. You connect the wires from the module to the remote start, and then connect to just one wire inside the car and you are done. Running wires through the drivers door boot is not fun....there is a molex plug ther
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic